Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy - Round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reelale

Reaction score
Found the spreadsheet. Send them in via PM. We're going to need another location for delivery too, preferrably a business. And someone to offload/transport. Same routine as last time. I'll order once I have all (most) of the funds in my paypal account. I think we may have to pay additional for lift-gate or hand unloading. I'll find out for sure.

Here is a link to the current order status, and here is a link to the 2010 catalog with prices.
Please disregard the "total price" and "total price with shipping" cells. They are populated based on the amount of the order. Therefore, they won't be accurate until we hit the magic number of 42 bags. I'll keep updating in this first post to keep things tidy. Keep em' coming in.....

EDIT 09/16/10 11:22 p.m.: Waiting on 2 more people to pay, and I'll place the order.

Where on that spreadsheet are the current prices and price breaks? I saw the prices that people paid on some items but there was no comprehensive list. Maybe I'm missing something...? Either way, thanks for putting this on again Reelale! I just finished building m stand yesterday and I'm psyched to buy some bulk grain for the first time.

Where on that spreadsheet are the current prices and price breaks? I saw the prices that people paid on some items but there was no comprehensive list. Maybe I'm missing something...? Either way, thanks for putting this on again Reelale! I just finished building m stand yesterday and I'm psyched to buy some bulk grain for the first time.

I'll have a look. I'm pretty sure the prices were out of the catalog, at the 2000 lbs. break point. Then there was a breakdown on the shipping charges/bag based on lbs. ordered. I'll get back to you.

Where is the delivery location for the group buy? (City)

I may be interested if it's not too incredibly far out -- i'm in Charlotte.

What are the thoughts on getting hops? Is that feasible? Some of those prices are pretty nice...

With 42 bags of grain on a pallet, we're maxed out for the flat pallet rate. If we ordered hops, it would be another pallet, and another $155.00. So we would have to order a LOT of hops to make it worthwhile.

:rockin:sounds good, I cant wait to get my hands on 300# of barley at one time. It will be cooling off soon (I hope) and Im ready to do the damage to it.

If a few more Charlotte brewers join in, then I'm in. One person can drive to Raleigh if we chip in the gas. Last time I drove to save money on 3 bags of grain, not really worth it.

Hey, what a coincidence....Bull over in the taproom is from the Charlotte area, and was thinking the same thing as you. I gave him your username....maybe you guys can work something out.

If a few more Charlotte brewers join in, then I'm in. One person can drive to Raleigh if we chip in the gas. Last time I drove to save money on 3 bags of grain, not really worth it.

Hey Mike, I am right across the line from you. I am going to chat with one of my neighbors this week. If he want to go in, I think we may be able to make it worthwhile for all of us.

Bump for update. Better hurry, filling up fast......about 10 bags left for a full pallet.

Getting very, very close. I'm gonna finalize the spreadsheet today, based on getting a full order. There is still a couple of items that need to be addressed:

We still need a delivery location. Anybody have any recommendations? This will have to determined before the order is placed so we can get an accurate quote. Also, they charge an additional $95.00 for delivery to a non-business address.

Last order, mikethepoolguy got hosed due to someone backing out. He was nice enough to follow through with his order so the as to not jeopardize the entire thing. I want to give him and bull a chance to get in on this order. I'm willing to forego one of my bags....anybody else willing?

I think I have everyones orders...please check the spreadsheet later this afternoon or tonight to make sure I haven't omitted anyone. Don't worry about the final price yet...I won't know it until we have the delivery location set.

Is there such a thing as getting too much grain? Per Reelale:

Last order, mikethepoolguy got hosed due to someone backing out. He was nice enough to follow through with his order so the as to not jeopardize the entire thing. I want to give him and bull a chance to get in on this order. I'm willing to forego one of my bags....anybody else willing?

How many can fit on a pallet? Is there a fee for a second pallet? I would like 2or 3 bags.
To make it worth while that is, with the added expense of milage.

Is there such a thing as getting too much grain? Per Reelale:

How many can fit on a pallet? Is there a fee for a second pallet? I would like 2or 3 bags.
To make it worth while that is, with the added expense of milage.

Yes, 42 bags is the max for a pallet. Each pallet costs $155.00 for freight. We'll hook you up, still waiting on replies.

Got 2 spaces, waiting for more. And then there is always the ones who order but not pay....just saying. Workin on it.

Getting very, very close. I'm gonna finalize the spreadsheet today, based on getting a full order. There is still a couple of items that need to be addressed:

We still need a delivery location. Anybody have any recommendations? This will have to determined before the order is placed so we can get an accurate quote. Also, they charge an additional $95.00 for delivery to a non-business address.

I think I have everyones orders...please check the spreadsheet later this afternoon or tonight to make sure I haven't omitted anyone. Don't worry about the final price yet...I won't know it until we have the delivery location set.

you can ditch my bag of BP-Mopa..

also i really appreciate you setting this all up. :ban:

Bump for final order....check the first post. We still need someone to step-up with a delivery location and we really need to make room for a couple more orders.....anyone?

Reelale,

My bag of CM-SPIL doesn't seem to be on there. I'll swap it for one of the 2-rowe for a total of three: One pils, one 2 rowe and one Rye. That'll free another spot up if we really need it. Let me know

Reelale,

My bag of CM-SPIL doesn't seem to be on there. I'll swap it for one of the 2-rowe for a total of three: One pils, one 2 rowe and one Rye. That'll free another spot up if we really need it. Let me know

I just pulled up the spreadsheet and I see it there...I don't understand it.

I just pulled up the spreadsheet and I see it there...I don't understand it.

That's a big ole my bad! My eyes just didn't even look at the green section. I saw the 4 total bags, but didn't look at what I though was just a header.

I can give up a 2 rowe for sure if I'm on the greedier side of things.

Are we still splitting the rye?

That's a big ole my bad! My eyes just didn't even look at the green section. I saw the 4 total bags, but didn't look at what I though was just a header.

I can give up a 2 rowe for sure if I'm on the greedier side of things.

Are we still splitting the rye?

Yes, I'll split the rye with you.

Back