REALLY fast ferment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Not worrying, just relating an experience. I brewed on the 28th..pitched nottingham dry right out of the packet. Had airlock activity within a few hours..going fast and hard enough you could hear it. Kraussen has fallen and the airlock is almost silent already. After 3 days the Beer looks as settled as the oatmeal stout thats been in the fermentor for over 3 weeks .

Ohiosetve,
do you know the lot# of your Notty?

I'll be up in Cleveland this month. I want to drink me some Great lakes brew:mug:

Ohiosetve,

I'll be up in Cleveland this month. I want to drink me some Great lakes brew:mug:

I cannot be 100% sure, however I have 3 more packs I bought at the same time so I ASSUME they are all 4 the same...lemme go look------------1080961099V

Ohiosetve,

BTW if you come up I75 you will come right through the town I live in.

Man I don't understand why my Notty with the same lot# didn't act as it should, even acted weird when I rehydrated it. Well I'm glad it worked out for you.

I'll be heading right up I75 at the end of Aug. Do you know of any HBS stores in the Cleveland I can checkout while I'm there.

Man I don't understand why my Notty with the same lot# didn't act as it should, even acted weird when I rehydrated it. Well I'm glad it worked out for you.

I'll be heading right up I75 at the end of Aug. Do you know of any HBS stores in the Cleveland I can checkout while I'm there.

nope. Cleveland is 3.5 hours from me. However I think you will cut off on I71 before you get this far north.

Do you know of any HBS stores in the Cleveland I can checkout while I'm there.

one just opened up yesterday on clevelands east side. its called the brewmentor. 7259 mentor ave, mentor ohio. 440-368-brew. I'm going there today to check it out. also there's beverage warehouse on mayfield road in s. euclid. another one is leeners, 9293 olde state rd in northfield.

Kraussen has fallen and the airlock is almost silent already.

How long did that take? 24 hrs?

I had an ultra-fast fermentation recently using Fermentis safbrew s-33. From beginning of fermentation to finish was really close to 12 hrs. I let it sit for a week but it was done. It had hit the target FG and everything.

Latest posts

Back