New 20# Cylinder & Reg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
I picked up a new 20# cylinder and regulator as the 5# will always run out at the most inopportune time (just like the propane bottle in the middle of a steak or a wort boil).

Anyway, I got my regulator from Micromatic, it's their premium double gauge model for $46. Being able to adjust the pressure with the turn of a knob is well worth the $10 difference between this and their cheapest double gauge regulator. This rocks!

Plenty of gas now for force carbing, keg transfers, and purging carboys, kegs, and bags of grain. All for $2.00 more than filling a 5# bottle. It will start to pay for itself pretty quick when I add in the cost of gasoline plus travel time to get a 5# bottle filled.

It shows 1,000 lbs at room temperature. I wonder if that's full?

NewRegulator.jpg

full is weight not pressure, There should be a tare weight stamped onto the bottle. Weigh it and subtract the tare, that is how much gas there is
Mike

I just got a new regulator. Didn't even think about getting a hand turned adjustable type. The does indeed ROCK. I'll just have to keep a screw driver handy, I guess.

Back