Time to Pull the Trigger on A Brewpot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRock

Always Ready
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to even have to ask this. But I like to make the best of my hard earned bucks.
I've asked here and studied the options but still can't decide on a Brewpot. I've narrowed it down to these two.

1. 10 Gallon Megapot w/ball-valve

2. Eurotanks Brew Pot ( 50 L/13.2 gal) [07399]

They are both Great looking pieces and I'm sure either would do me well. But I need the opinions here to help me choose.

The Euro is larger, possibly too large to handle? And I would have to add a valve. But that would be no big deal with my next order. The Mega says that it has a 3 layer bottom with aluminum sandwiched, that seems like it would be good for heat evenness? =no scorching?

I would also consider the;

Eurotanks Brew Pot ( 30 L/7.9 gal) [07398]

It is a bit cheaper, but mostly smaller, easier to handle.

I hate to even ask. I am very impressed with Forrest and the reputation he has here. I wish he sold them both, I wouldn't feel so impolite asking for a comparison.

This will be my first brewpot and the most expensive item (so far) in my brewing equipment. So I can't say where this hobby will lead. But I can almost taste the rewards, before I even start. So I'm sure I will be in for a very long time.

I would go with the 10 gallon pot, 7.9 gallons wouldn't even work for me. I always do 5.5 gallon batches and boil close to 8 gallons. I have 15 and 20 gallon pots and have never regretted it.

Back