apfelwine variant carbing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buraglio

Reaction score
I made a 3 gallon batch of apfelwein using Nottingham and, because I needed the carboy for something and didn't have enough bottles yet to bottle the batch, I racked it into another carboy (and onto 32oz of 100% raspberry juice). It's gravity was about 1.001 upon racking and I saw no signs of fermentation after racking (which was about 1.5 weeks ago).
I'm about ready to bottle it and it smells and tastes awesome, but I'd really like to carb it.
Upon racking, it didn't
My question to the experts is, do I need to add more yeast at bottling to get it to bottle carb?

nb

You should not need more yeast to carb but definitely take some more hydro readings before bottling. The Raspberry juice may have started fermentation whether you saw it or not.

Nurmey said:
You should not need more yeast to carb but definitely take some more hydro readings before bottling. The Raspberry juice may have started fermentation whether you saw it or not.

+1
I checked the grav last night and it is in fact still working. I'm going to check it in 3 more days and then another 3 until I see it stabilize. As a side note it is REALLY good. I'll be making this again.

nb

Back