• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

RIMS Electric Brewing System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntertell

Reaction score
Home made RIMS system. Runs off of 220 V of electricity. I am selling this system since the electrical system in my aging home is insufficient to support this system, and I am looking for a gas RIMS setup instead. My home still has some old knob-and-tube wiring, and I don't want to upgrade my home's wiring at this point.

Price: $675

Includes the following:

*10 gallon hot liquor tank equipped with a heating element and ball valve. (the heating element has a 220V plug on it)
*15.5 gallon mash tun (keggle) equipped with 2 ball valves, along with a stainless steel hinged false bottom.
*15.5 gallon brew/boiler kettle (keggle) equipped with a heating element, temperature probe, and ball valve. (the heating element has a 220V plug on it)
*copper RIMS tube with a temperature probe, and internal heating element (has a 220V plug on it)
*submersible pump
*shirron plate chiller
*control panel

All the related items plug into the control panel. The control panel will need to be plugged into a 220 V outlet. The control panel controls the RIMS tube, boiler kettle, march pump , and hot liquor tank. The control panel has outlets for 120V and 220V plugs.

Notes: I do not have the march pump, or a stand to place the components on. I have not used this system. I did not design or build it, so I don't know 100% how it works, but when I got it, I was told that it all worked.

Local pickup in Chicago only. With any questions,offers or for more pictures, please email me at ntertell@hotmail, since my inbox fills up quick. Thanks

100_0966.jpg

100_0970.jpg

100_0973.jpg

100_0975.jpg

100_0976.jpg

I have a turn key, well built single tier, 3 vessel, 3 jet burner propane, stainless rims 120v system with pump and accessories available for purchase. If you are interested PM me and I can send you pics and pricing.

Back