Batman got pulled over

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come to think of it. I never have seen tags on a Batmobile.

5ef61ab8cc07257eb47bf323e11862d6

(In Best Batman accent) These are odd times we live in. The city calls out in pain "Where are your tags?".

This is a very sad story. Hard to believe that people who do such good things get taken away so soon. Damned Lamborghini.

This is a very sad story. Hard to believe that people who do such good things get taken away so soon. Damned Lamborghini.

The photos are misleading, but I don't think it was the Lambo that broke down. Later in the article, it mentions that he "upgraded" from the Lamborghini to a custom-made Batmobile. This is further alluded to when describing the accident. It said Lenny stopped on the median shoulder, still partially in the fast lane, and got out to check the engine. A Toyota Camry plowed into the back of his car, "propelling it into Lenny."

If Lenny was "checking the engine" of a Lamborghini, he would have been behind the car, and the Camry would have hit him first. If Lenny's Batmobile was propelled into him, then Lenny had to have been in front of his car, meaning the engine was in front, meaning it wasn't a Lamborghini.

Still, terribly tragic accident, the world lost a really giving person.

I'd have to look further but on the news last night (again this is local) they showed him with an Adam West-era Batmobile. And it's not evidently clear at a cursory glance but it does say he switched from the Lambo to a "custom built" car.

Adding further confusion to the issue, the CNN article claims "His custom Lamborghini broke down while he was driving." I'm going to chalk this up to sloppy reporting, as I don't believe he had a customized Lamborghini, but rather a regular Lamborghini, which he later switched out for a customized car (not a Lamborghini) that had been made into a Batmobile, similar to the fellow near Toronto, Ontario with a similar gig. He had similar car trouble back in July. The article states that the Toronto Batman (Stephen Lawrence) "bought a Batmobile from Glenn McCullagh about two years ago. Lawrence said it’s made from an old cop car, a Chevrolet Caprice, with a 1989 Batmobile replica body made by McCullagh." I imagine Lenny's "Batmobile" was a similar deal, possibly even from the same customizer (Glenn McCullagh).

Adding further confusion to the issue, the CNN article claims "His custom Lamborghini broke down while he was driving." I'm going to chalk this up to sloppy reporting, as I don't believe he had a customized Lamborghini, but rather a regular Lamborghini, which he later switched out for a customized car (not a Lamborghini) that had been made into a Batmobile, similar to the fellow near Toronto, Ontario with a similar gig. He had similar car trouble back in July. The article states that the Toronto Batman (Stephen Lawrence) "bought a Batmobile from Glenn McCullagh about two years ago. Lawrence said it’s made from an old cop car, a Chevrolet Caprice, with a 1989 Batmobile replica body made by McCullagh." I imagine Lenny's "Batmobile" was a similar deal, possibly even from the same customizer (Glenn McCullagh).

He did have a "custom" Lambo in that there were graphics and such on it. But I think that was the extent. I agree, I think this was likely a full custom vehicle and it's probably journalists filling gaps with bad info. Presumably more details will emerge as this only happened over the weekend.

But the end point regardless is that a decent guy who worked hard and then took what he'd earned and decided to give back was tragically lost.

Back