Three Floyds Tour (pic and vid)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gear101

Reaction score
I just back from Chicago and took a short trip over to 3Fs, for some time at their tap room and a tour. For everything that you’ve read about them, 3F’s seemed to be a pretty cool bunch of people. The brewery is somewhat on the smaller size, but they are now brewing six days a week, while working on a small expansion project. For what I understood from the host, they are adding some more quality controls to the brewery. Tasted a lot of good beer and food, will be going back for Lord Days.
Thomas

012012 1807.jpg

012012 1809.jpg

012012 1811.jpg

012012 1814.jpg

012012 1854.jpg

plus I have some AKing,Bruce and Pride. One of the beers that I have never had and really like was Sand Pebbles

I just back from Chicago and took a short trip over to 3Fs, for some time at their tap room and a tour. For everything that you’ve read about them, 3F’s seemed to be a pretty cool bunch of people. The brewery is somewhat on the smaller size, but they are now brewing six days a week, while working on a small expiation project. For what I understood from the host, they are adding some more quality controls to the brewery. Tasted a lot of good beer and food, will be going back for Lord Days.
Thomas

What? Are they having to do community service or something?!?

I have more, just need to get it off the drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice, thanks for sharing... my aunt and uncle used to live in the next town over in Illinois... wish they still did!

it was a good time, hope to make it back for dark lord days

I also stopped on my way back from Chicago. I did not take the time to tour but I did eat and sample a few brews. The restaurant/pub atmosphere was great, the food all looked fantastic and the beers were great.

The staff was very accommodating and knowledgeable. They have a thriving take out business. in the hour or so I sat at the bar on a Thursday afternoon I saw no less than 10 cases of bomber carried out.

The only thing I was dissatisfied with was their growler policy, they would not fill my flip top growlers (sanitized of course) that I travel with. I was informed that I would have to buy one of there screw cap growlers, not to mention they don't refill them, your required to purchase a new one each time.

But all that said I will certainly return. This is a first class operation.

The tour is nothing to special, but it was kind of cool just doing it. The staff seems to enjoy working there and the guild of the tour answered about all the question anyone had to ask.

Free tour, about 30-40 mins long, tells the story of the history of 3Fs and goes into the brew process. Tab room prices are as shown in pics for take home, glass of beer are 4 to 8 dollars a piece, food is 8 to 28, all depends what you want to eat.

I went to DLD 2010, and it was one sloppy, chaotic good time. I never even got to see the inside of the pub, but there was so much delicious beer being poured and shared outside that it didn't matter. I think they changed the way it works after that year, which is understandable since their pub is in an office park, and well, I'm sure the neighbors weren't happy at the mess made. Still, it was a blast! If I went back I wouldn't even care if I got a bottle of Dark Lord or not.

I went to DLD 2010, and it was one sloppy, chaotic good time. I never even got to see the inside of the pub, but there was so much delicious beer being poured and shared outside that it didn't matter. I think they changed the way it works after that year, which is understandable since their pub is in an office park, and well, I'm sure the neighbors weren't happy at the mess made. Still, it was a blast! If I went back I wouldn't even care if I got a bottle of Dark Lord or not.

The guild was saying there is 2500 people that come to the event and they guessed over 600 different beers traded hands from all over the world that day. That is alot of people and alot of good times for a smaller lot that they have.

Thanks for the pics and video. Definitely looks like a place for guys and not so much gals based on the "murals" :)

I think that their growler policy is a real crock. Defeats the purpose of using growlers and is just a money making ploy.

The guild was saying there is 2500 people that come to the event and they guessed over 600 different beers traded hands from all over the world that day. That is alot of people and alot of good times for a smaller lot that they have.

Yeah, I had some amazing beer there. Most of the people weren't even in the pub parking lot, but camped on the roadside outside of the pub.

Back