Nurmey finally scores!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nurmey

I love making Beer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After watching all you guys make your great equipment scores, I finally got one too!

I was talking to our maintenance guy at work and told him I had seen a nice cooler in our warehouse that I wanted to buy. He said that it was spoken for but why didn't I take the Coke cooler that was in his way at the little warehouse. He said it worked and was in good shape but Coke didn't want it back and none of our stores wanted it either.

As soon as I could arrange, I asked our CFO if I could have it. He hymned and hawed about charging me (he is an bean counter after all) but I pointed out that we were paying to store equipment than no one else wanted and we would have to pay to toss it. He laughed and said I was welcome to it.

It was used for less than a year and very clean. It's an industrial Beverage Air. I cleaned the compressor and turned it on and it took about 20 minutes to get the temperature down to 37°. We are pretty stoked about it.

Free and delivered to my back door!

Cooler21.jpg

Cooler3.jpg

Awesome! Congrats on the sweet score... you didn't even have to go on Craigslist for it :p

Very nice! What do you plan on using it for?
I'm a bit envious, I would love to have a fermenting chamber with glass doors ;)

Very nice! What do you plan on using it for?
I'm a bit envious, I would love to have a fermenting chamber with glass doors ;)

I'll answer this, though I'm sure Nurmey will have some further details. Living in a small craftsman bungelow, space is at a premium, and this unit will be playing several roles. We plan on trying some lagering. It will also give us someplace to actually have a keg or two available for serving, and of course will be available to actually store some brews for quick access when we entertain.

I'll have to wait for Nurmey to come up with the final plan as to where it will be placed, but we really are excited about aquiring this.

Nice score! I see there are doors on both sides. I wonder if you can get a manual for that and see if any coolant lines are in the side walls. Would be great to run a couple taps out one side for the kegs.

Nice score! I see there are doors on both sides. I wonder if you can get a manual for that and see if any coolant lines are in the side walls. Would be great to run a couple taps out one side for the kegs.

I beleive there are lines in the side, I had a friend who had one almost identical to this and they attempted to put taps through the side and hit the lines. Pretty much ruined the unit. I don't beleive we have any plans to do this with ours, and I know we still are tossing around the idea of building us a Kezzer one of these days, then use this strictly for the purpose of lagering.

Mother F'r! That's nice ha ha ha. I almost had an all SS glass-doored ice cream freezer from Breyers... but my boss opted to pay the fee and take it to the dump instead of letting me take it home! *******...

Mother F'r! That's nice ha ha ha. I almost had an all SS glass-doored ice cream freezer from Breyers... but my boss opted to pay the fee and take it to the dump instead of letting me take it home! *******...

CORK SUCKER!!!!!!;)

(Check your Johnny Dangerously field manual for translation)

In terms of serving, you could easily build a couple of "Collars" out of wood or plexi that could set between the sliding door and the door frame and put taps in those... I invision something like this non-permanant doggie door:

base_media

Those are great, aren't they? I got a single door unit free about a month ago just like that. Worked very nice for extra fridge space during the holiday too. :D

DSC01354.JPG

In terms of serving, you could easily build a couple of "Collars" out of wood or plexi that could set between the sliding door and the door frame and put taps in those... I invision something like this non-permanant doggie door:

base_media

Genius. Plus I need something like that for the dog too.

Latest posts

Back