Found a homebrew under the sink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowmax10

Reaction score
Here is the background story

But basically I found a bottle of British pale ale under the sink that had been there almost a year

Homercidal talked me into making a video of myself tasting it for the first time

You need to refine your technique for pouring homebrew. Poor very slowly. Don't stir up the stuff on the bottom. If you want/need head, lower the glass. Keep the last 1/4"-1/2" in the bottle. You can either drink or toss what's left. Sometimes the stuff on the bottom can tarnish the taste of the whole glass. :mug:

Bah the Evil Empire will not let me view the video from my workstation.

I have six packs from just about all of my brews stashed away. Drank a few that I brewed well over a year ago and they were better then when I drank the rest of the batch.

It's really no big deal to drink a year old bottle of homebrew. I have a lot of beers in storage that I've drank....It's not like it will turn poisonous or anything.

In the Dec 07 Zymurgy Charlie Papazian reviewed bottles of homebrew going back to the first AHC competition that he had stored, and none of them went bad, some had not held up but most of them he felt were awesome...We're talking over 20 years worth of beers.

About a month ago I drank a 16 month old bottle of my Ginger Orange Dortmunder-esque Ale, and it was sublime.

In fact there's a lot of stories about beers put away here. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/ne...virtue-time-heals-all-things-even-beer-73254/

Beer's like wine, a lot of them improve with age....That's why stone has "vertical epic" with vintage, and people have vertical tasting parties...Our beer is really no different, it's not something "less than." Or isn't "real beer" it really is no different, just becasue you make it at home.

i know not to pour in the yeast - it was so caked to the bottom on the bottle that it wasn't going anywhere

and for me finding a year old bottle and having it taste good is a huge acomplishment

it is proof that I'm doing something right

Back