In a slight time crunch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gruntingfrog

Reaction score
I just racked my hefe to secondary on Friday after it was in primary for almost 2 weeks (it fermented fairly vigorously for about 10 days but shows no activity now).

Three weeks from last Saturday, I want to take it to my friend's housewarming party as a gift. The way I see it, I can follow a couple of different scenarios and wanted some opinions from you guys.

__Scenario 1__
Leave in secondary for 1 week and bottle Friday.
Bottle condition for 2 weeks.
Take to party on Saturday.

__Scenario 2__
Leave in secondary for 4 days and bottle Tuesday.
Bottle condition for 2.5 weeks.
Take to party on Saturday.

I'm leaning toward scenario 2 for a couple of reasons...
1. Hefes are supposed to be cloudy so I don't need the added clarity of the longer secondary period.
2. Hefes are typically well carbonated, so this gives me 3 more days for additional carbonation.

Opinions?

By the way, I tasted it while racking and it already tastes really good and has a ton of beautiful banana aroma. :D

I'll have to bottle tomorrow because I just checked and I don't have enough corn sugar to get the job done. I should always keep a couple pounds around for times like this, I guess.

:drunk: Hi ho hi ho it's off to the Homebrew Store I go. :drunk:

I only have about 2 oz. I'm just going to buy a 2 lb. bag and stick it in tupperware. That way I'm sure to have some next time I need to bottle.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Back