What is your favorite music to listen to while homebrewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahaintern

Reaction score
Hey homebrewers!
What kind of music inspires you to make a funky/tasty/interesting/hoppy/delicious homebrew?

All metal, all the time! :mug:

Nice QOTSA reference. (whether on purpose or not)

I tend to let Pandora do the footwork. Here are some common starter keywords I have setup as stations.

The White Stripes
The Kinks
Queens of The Stone Age
The Raconteurs
Brendan Benson
The Black Keys
Ratatat

Apparently I dig the "the" bands most often.

A lot of instrumental turntablism and hip hop.
It's pretty much all I listen to no matter what I am doing.

Nightshade said:
A lot of instrumental turntablism and hip hop.
It's pretty much all I listen to no matter what I am doing.

So... Rjd2, dj shadow, wax tailor type stuff?

Classic Rock, Alternative rock (1990's era), & Some country.

Blue grass actually goes well with brewing...For some reason it makes me think of the time when moonshining in WV, KY and TN were big industry!

I try to be highly productive on brew days so during the water heating, mash and boil I will do some work on the house relying on timers to let me know when it's time to perform the next step on the brewing operation!

May sound weird, but lately I've been brewing in relative silence. I use it as my therapy time. But I'll still grab my acoustic and hit some jams between hop additions and cleaning. Makes for a perfect day!

Cool thread. Last brew I had the Leon Redbone Pandora station on during the brew. Really good station - check it out if you're a fan of Leon/his style. I also dig movies on in the background to change it up.

michael_mus said:
Nice QOTSA reference. (whether on purpose or not)

I tend to let Pandora do the footwork. Here are some common starter keywords I have setup as stations.

The White Stripes
The Kinks
Queens of The Stone Age
The Raconteurs
Brendan Benson
The Black Keys
Ratatat

Apparently I dig the "the" bands most often.

Never got into QOTSA much but I did listen to plenty of Kyuss back in the day. I think they're a talented band just not my thing.

Never got into QOTSA much but I did listen to plenty of Kyuss back in the day. I think they're a talented band just not my thing.

Ah yes, Kyuss had/has some great sound. As cheeky as they were, Eagles of Death Metal were cool too. Frontman Jesse was a riot in person.

On the QOTSA Songs For The Deaf album there is a fake radio ad for a metal station mixed in between two songs that says "All death metal, all the time".

Slightly Stoopid, Dispatch, Sublime, Nofx, Bob Marley, and Jack johnson are the tunes I get to enjoy in my brew house

Black Keys, Grateful Dead, 90's rock, classic rock, Rodrigo and Gabriela, Spanish Guitar. I have every George Carlin album, and often I just listen to a mix of his stand up.

Back