Grolsch bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dome555

Reaction score
I was recently given a box of Grolsch bottles by a friend who knows I homebrew. I keg but figure I can use these as tiny growlers and fill up a 6 pack or so to take places. Can I expect these to have more longevity than a growler would if I just fill them like I would a growler, or would I need a beer gun of sorts for that to be true? How long would you expect them to stay carbonated? I'm hoping oxidation wouldn't be much of an issue as I'd be filling them from the bottom and leaving little to no headspace, but if I'm wrong I'm all ears.

I have some grolsch bottles I use to take places I just normally fill what I plan on drinking from my tap and they hold fine. But for a long time period I don't know you might tap the bottle and cap on foam.

That's exactly what the plan is, capping on foam I mean. I'm pretty sure I'm being silly worrying about anything but asking stuff on here always makes me smarter. Thanks for the reply.

We use Grolsch swing top bottles quite often with bottle conditioned beers. I have some that have been stored in a coolidh room and the beer is still perfect after a year.

Back