If You Could Only Brew/Drink One Type Of Beer For The Rest Of Your Life.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesjensen1068

Reaction score
If You Could Only Brew/Drink One Type Of Beer The Rest Of Your Life.....What Would It Be???

Mine would be Brown Ale :rockin:

Does it have to be beer? I'd drink hard cider, regular farm style without any adjuncts.

But if it had to be beer...probably Belgian Wit. I never get tired of drinking it and no matter what style I brew I always come back to it.

I was going to say IPA or IIPA, but, for the rest of my life? A little lower alchohol means I could drink more without passing out when I was older. So a good, hop bursted and dry hopped American Pale Ale!

I know it's going to be the popular answer, but I'm going with IPA as well. It's crisp and refreshing enough to be a good summer beer, but hearty and warming enough to also be a good winter beer. Perfect for all seasons, really!

VERY tough question. I do think that it appears IPA is winning, and I'd have to go with that too...if it was one particular recipe, I'd have to say a nice hop juicy west coast style IPA. But think about it...if you're just limited to a style, IPA does give you a wide variety of flavors...you could even make a stretch and include some "black IPA's."

Edit: Or even think about the variety you can add with yeast choices...I love Belgian IPA's too!

I have to agree with the APA. Because of the ludicrous premise of the question, I have to take many things into account. Are there any beers that I have gotten sick of at any time. Of course there are. On some occasions I can't bear the idea of an IPA or Weiss, and on hot days a Stout seems like torture. Taking everything into account, a solid, moderately hopped APA is the perfect anytime beer.

lol, kind of an evil question considering the forum.

I'd probably pick Grolsch, it's not my favorite but i've never grown tired of it. Plus Swing top bottles are cool :p

As far as brewing i wouldn't know.. i haven't made enough yet.

IPA as well. If I could pick an exact clone.. it would be Nugget Nectar (yes yes I know it's not technically an IPA but whatever... it's damn close)

Saison.

I live in central Texas where it's hot more than it is cold. And I just plain love a good Saison. I never tire of them like I can IPAs or Hefes.

Back