First All Grain Recipe, thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

persianninja

Reaction score
I have been playing around with what I want to do for my first AG recipe. I know that this does not adhere to any style guidelines but I was putting together some profiles that I like in beer. Its sort of a kolsch/cream ale/wheat beer. Go easy on me, since I have really just started brewing :mug:

Recipe Type: All Grain
Yeast: Wyeast 1056
Batch Size (Gallons): 5.5
Original Gravity: 1.054
Final Gravity: 1.010
IBU: 32
Boiling Time (Minutes): 60
Color: 3 SRM

6# 6 row malt
2# wheat malt
0.5# flaked barley
0.5# flaked oats
0.5# flaked rice

1oz Mt. Hood 60min
0.5oz Wilamette 30min
0.5oz Saaz 0mins

Why the 6-row? Unless you have already bought it go with 2-row instead. The 1.5 lbs of flaked grain is not nearly enough to worry about lack of enzymes.

What Yeast do you plan on using?

Why the 6-row? Unless you have already bought it go with 2-row instead. The 1.5 lbs of flaked grain is not nearly enough to worry about lack of enzymes.

What Yeast do you plan on using?

I was worried about lack of enzymes, I guess its not an issue though so I will do the 2-row instead. Thanks!

Wyeast 1056 is an American Ale yeast. Any other suggestions about perhaps a different yeast type would be much appreciated.

Looks like it will be something between an American Blonde and an American Wheat. Go ahead and brew it. It should turn out just fine

Back