Holiday Beer Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakersbrew

Reaction score
Since I always go out and buy last minute gifts that suck...this year I am going to give the gift that people truly enjoy - BEER. So I was thinking about a good holiday recipe. I want to make an Apfelwein and another beer that I can send out in six packs to friends and family. Any suggestions? Is there a must brew holiday recipe out there? Im looking for something tried and true, so let me know if you have anything.

SN Celebration or MH Roxy Rolles are two great commercial holiday brews. You might try a clone of either of these.

I guess I didnt explain myself - I want to brew a holiday beer, not buy one. So are there any good holiday beer recipes?

SN Celebration or MH Roxy Rolles are two great commercial holiday brews.

SN Celebration Ale is a seasonal brew (winter months) and the clone recipe (both extract and AG) is available in the magazine 150 Classic Clone Recipes by The Best of Brew Your Own. In fact, that's what I brewed today. Between the brewing and dry hopping the hop bill calls for a 1/2 pound of hops for a 10 gallon batch. The holidays is to long to wait for this hop goodness.

Someone else chime in if it's legal or not to copy the recipe here in this post. If not it might still be available as a back issue from Brew Your Own.

I'm gonna do the one called Reindeer Fuel from this forum. Its a stout, so all my friends will like it and none of my family will.

I found a clone for SN Celebration Ale over here

I am also looking for a good recipe to brew now in anticipation of the holidays! Generally, I like the spiced ales that come out in the winter. Anchor Steam's Christmas Ale 2008 was phenomenal! Would love to find something like that...

Good luck!
--LexusChris

8.00 lb Pilsner (2 Row) Bel (2.0 SRM) Grain 74.42 %
1.00 lb White Wheat Malt (2.4 SRM) Grain 9.30 %
0.50 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) Grain 4.65 %
0.25 lb Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 2.33 %
1.00 oz Cluster [7.80 %] (60 min) Hops 23.7 IBU
1.00 oz Saaz [5.80 %] (5 min) Hops 3.5 IBU
0.50 oz Orange Peel, Bitter (Boil 10.0 min) Misc
1.00 tbsp Cinnamon Stick (Boil 10.0 min) Misc
1.00 oz Ginger Root (Boil 10.0 min) Misc
1.00 lb Candi Sugar, Clear (0.5 SRM) Sugar 9.30 %
1 Pkgs Nottingham Yeast (Lallemand #-) Yeast-Ale

OG 1.053, FG 1.011
Mash at 152
My efficiency was 80%
Add Candi Sugar after fermentation begins to slow.
I made this a little while back and am letting it mellow for the holidays but it tastes fantastic after 4 weeks in the bottle. I made this last year as well and it was a hit when I gave it out as a gift.

Back