Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on a label for my Grapefruit IPA, Arcadia. I'd like to incorporate a compass rose into the Wanderlust Brewery portion, as well as curving the text on the edges more. But this is the roof of my ability thus far

(see below)

Capture.JPG

I dig The Orchard labels, Dave! Lookin' legit! We're about to bottle the barrel-aged cherry porter in some Champagne-style 22s, too -- trying to capture the feel you've got going on. Great work!

Here are a couple I just finished.
The first is for the beer I made for the 4th.

1776-1.png

This one is for my IPA that I just rechristened. Got tired of explaining the name.
KillerBee-1.png

Just finished brewing an amber ale, which I am going to add some Malibu Rum (coconut rum) soaked oak chips. I have the oak chips (35 g ~ little more than an ounce) soaking in about 4 oz malibu rum and will let them sit for 5 days, and then add them to secondary for about 7 days. Hopefully that will impart some oak / coconut rum flavour.

Anyways, oak chips and rum seems piratey to me, so I went with a pirate name.

Please let me know if this is a super dumb label.

Thanks!

queenanne.jpg

Threw this together for my Apfelwein, it's a littler sweeter than most and I used the Wyeast 3068....5 gallons gone over two days on 4th of July weekend....this was for the bottle; on my two 1 gallon jugs I cut out the logo entirely...

V

OSHard Cider{BOTTLE}.jpg

Just finished brewing an amber ale, which I am going to add some Malibu Rum (coconut rum) soaked oak chips. I have the oak chips (35 g ~ little more than an ounce) soaking in about 4 oz malibu rum and will let them sit for 5 days, and then add them to secondary for about 7 days. Hopefully that will impart some oak / coconut rum flavour.

Anyways, oak chips and rum seems piratey to me, so I went with a pirate name.

Please let me know if this is a super dumb label.

Thanks!

That was black Beard's ship,to the uninitiated. It's sunken wreckage has been found off the eastern coast. Good name for a coconut amber. Cool label to me.

What do you guys think of these? They are options for my first batch. I wanna hear your favorites.
54b58e58.jpg

595da8f7.jpg

cf2b751c.jpg

9c584c29.jpg

#1. It was a pretty easy decision for me. The typography works well with the imagery.

I'm not a fan of papyrus, so the first was much more appealing.

+ 1 for the flippie-floppies......maybe loosen up the font a little, seems a little regal for the loose feeling vibe you have going....I'm not saying going comic font, but something a little more relaxed...just my 2 cents...

V

How do you guys d stuff like this with no formal training? A lot of these labels look professional!!! I've only made 2 so far and they kinda suck! (from the labelizer):)

Blithering Idiot Oatmeal Stout.jpg

Midnight Forest Black Ale.jpg

Still a relative newcomer to the brewing thing, and the label thing. These were my first three attempts:

original+trilogy.png

Working on a redesign for my next, but I don't think I'm there yet:

Pirate+Porter.png

Heres what I have for my brand so far. Still not finalized but I thought I would share.

Logo:
5963417134_486db824af_b.jpg

Hefeweizen Label:
5962868281_e1629d9668_b.jpg

IPA Label:
5963417176_99e8079da3_b.jpg

Bottle hanger for special beers:
5962860285_222dae999f_b.jpg

And a comp so you can get a better idea of what the bottle will look like:
5963417102_a28e991512_b.jpg

So far most folks I show this to have liked the idea. What do you guys who brew think?

HOLY CRAP I love those. And the name Solamun... clever.

Just to make sure, that's "Jefe de Hefes" right?

Wow I really like those last ones, cool idea and a nice basic colour scheme. Kinda jealous, I want to steal it.

Love those. Great typography and color scheme. They might be my favorite labels on the forum. Anything with zombies has a special place in my heart.

:mug:

Still a relative newcomer to the brewing thing, and the label thing. These were my first three attempts:

original+trilogy.png

Working on a redesign for my next, but I don't think I'm there yet:

Pirate+Porter.png

I like these a lot. Get a nice template and then change it up just a little for each particular branch. Nicely done!

I like these a lot. Get a nice template and then change it up just a little for each particular branch. Nicely done!

I agree! I like the top 3 with the extended banner. Having the same format with some information always the same is great, so "customers" know where to look for information, aren't confused by changing "visual hierchy", and are comforted by the familiarity. The items that do change are creative and clever (particularly the spotlight). Really great design work. :mug:

@braceful, absolutely love the Grinch story! (You labels are great too.)

That Grinch story is so cool! You don't see that kind of imagination too often on here...:rockin::mug:

That has to be my favorite, most creative label I've ever seen! I'm a huge suess fan, I have a vast vintage book collection I read to my son every night

The wedding favors (Amber and Hefeweizen) labels are almost ready. I'll throw em up here when they're finished.

Back