Sparkling wine??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricky27x

Reaction score
Hey everyone I've done a few searches for this but can't quite come up with a good answer maybe you can help. My wife loves the Arbor Mist Blackbery wine, and we were wondering if we make a blackberry wine if it can be kegged and carbonated with c02 like beer to give it that sparkling effect. I allready have a keg system for beer so all I have to do is get another keg. I wasn't sure if this can be treated the same as beer or if there are certain steps one must follow for wine. Thanks for your input!! :mug:

I actually ferment 3 gallons cider. Then add K-meta and K-sorbate to stop fermentation...then sweeten with 1 gallon of 100% juice (cranberry flavored)...

toss it in a keg @ 10-12lbs and enjoy (takes ~2 wks to carb at serving pressure/temp)

tastes just like arbor mist...

I would recommend a little less Co2 but I only have I regulator running 4 taps. So 10-12 lbs it is :)

If she likes Arbor Mist, I bet she'd love those Island Mist kits. They are around $60 and make 6 gallons of a sweet wine. My friend has made mango symphony, and kiwi pear sauvingon blanc, but I've seen other flavors as well. It comes with everything you need, and she'd probably like it alot more than a traditional blackberry wine which uses a ton of berries and would probably need to be sweetened quite a bit to get the flavor she'd like.

I've seen a blackberry merlot kid (same brand) but I've never tried it.

Back