• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Planning a 20 gallon electric brewery? Stainless Steel tanks with windows. Brewsink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TXCrash

Gunshy
Reaction score
Note: I will clean these up if they sell/ there's enough interest. There's no sense in shipping dirt ;-) These were covered in blackberries when found. They're filthy and have light surface rust around the weld areas (most of what you see is dirt). Welds seem sound but it's apparent they weren't cleaned. I have little doubt that some time with barkeepers friend and a scrubby will have these looking great. There shouldn't be any pinholes. The cutout window will certainly pose a challenge, but I'd rather these go to brewers rather than the scrapyard. If you have another idea of a place to market these, say so.

These were formerly aquaria at a research facility. They have a hole cut out which had glass in it which measures 6" by 6". The tanks themselves are 15"H x 36"L X 12"W (~28 gallons). Dimensional weight is a little over 34lb, I'd estimate actual weight to be close to the same. Shipping zip is 97322. These have a 1" female fitting welded to the bottom. Unfortunately, on most of them it protrudes inside the tank, so you'll need to rig a siphon fitting (no biggie).

Tell me in a private message what you think these are worth. Once I have a couple offers, I'll sell these for the same price to everyone.

Later today, I'll take a picture of what my thought is on how to set these up as a brewery. I am willing to sacrifice a couple of these and cut out stainless patches slightly bigger than the window size for you to either seal up with silicone or have welded.

4891667752_5c7ef6aec2.jpg

4891667420_0e21b34953.jpg

4891069457_ca6ab18a51.jpg

4891666756_bb0cc491f8.jpg

4891664186_7fe58a2c2d.jpg

This is roughly how I'd set up the system. Brewcube? It'd be a 36" square system... With the lips on the tanks, you could easily have a really easy to clean up system with minimal welding.

2010-08-14 12.42.14.jpg

I should add that I'm in Portland, Eugene and visit much of the Oregon coast pretty frequently. We can probably arrange a meetup if you're within these areas for free or cheap delivery.

Methinks I need to set a price on these... I'm thinking $30 plus actual shipping, much less and I may as well scrap em.

I guess these are going to the scrapyard? If you're even THINKING about these, send me a PM. They're taking up quite a bit of room in my yard (I have 26) and the wife wants them gone. They might require more fabrication than it's worth but I figured I'd offer them here before taking them to scrap.

did you really scrap these??? I would take one I'm in Central Oregon

I see a mash tun in those

I just saw the thread today ... bummer. Do you have any around still? I'm in Portland quite often.

They went to scrap. I'd hoped they'd sell here but I was asking just over scrap value for them and hadn't gotten anything more than a single nibble since Saturday halfway across the country (cost prohibitive shipping). I had 26 of them so they were taking up quite a bit of room. I did kind of figure they'd get interest once they were gone...

On a positive note - all the scrap I pulled from the job (around 2000# total) netted a check for just under $1000. Times are tough and I'm working crappy temp jobs despite my expensive degree - they were going to throw all that metal away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back