My Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like something someone would go out and buy, and spend a LOT on.

Congrats. Beautiful addition.

That looks like something someone would go out and buy, and spend a LOT on.

Congrats. Beautiful addition.

Thanks. I do have to admit the pictures do not do it justice. It will fit in nice with the rec room once built. I didn't keep a running tally on the cost, but I know it was up there.

Great build Rascal, top shelf woodworking. You have inspired me to build something the SWMBO will appreciate rather than just tolerated. I have my winter project and it's not even officially summer.

Cheers:mug:

Wow, turned out great! Let me know how the copper holds up. I may need to figure out a way to put it on mine. Again, looks great!

Before I attached the coffin I kinda tried to give a couple scratches to the area of copper that would be below it. The lacquer spray I used seemed to do a pretty good job at protecting it. I am now thinking it will be fine considering it is not something that people will generally be using as a table top.

Really admire your design.

Do you have any cooling for the coffin? And how's that copper holding up?

Thanks. Copper is holding up real nice. I have the holes for the lines, and a piece of copper that is zip tied to the lines and down into the keezer. I use to have a fan in there, but did not really need it, and I think it may have been contributing to the condensation, so I have it off now.

Dude, looks great. I'm working on my version now. I was wondering a couple of things. What did you use for insulation in the tower and where did you get it. Also, how did you connect the counter top to the lid of the freezer?

Thanks.

Dude, looks great. I'm working on my version now. I was wondering a couple of things. What did you use for insulation in the tower and where did you get it. Also, how did you connect the counter top to the lid of the freezer?

Thanks.

I used 1.5" pink foam insulation. It can be purchased at any Home Depot or such. To attached the top I used T-Nuts. Jester has pictures in his build thread which I referenced in the first post. Thanks for the compliments.

I am just a couple weeks away from finishing the man cave to give it a rightful home!

I was actually looking at this same freezer (Sunbeam SBCF7WBX) at Menards and am going to try and pick it up tomorrow since it is on sale right now. I was just curious if the bottom portion would be able to hold 4 corny kegs? I have seen a lot of posts for this unicorn Magic Chef 7.2 freezer that I don't think exists in 2010 anymore.

I was actually looking at this same freezer (Sunbeam SBCF7WBX) at Menards and am going to try and pick it up tomorrow since it is on sale right now. I was just curious if the bottom portion would be able to hold 4 corny kegs? I have seen a lot of posts for this unicorn Magic Chef 7.2 freezer that I don't think exists in 2010 anymore.

4 ball lock corny kegs can defiantly fit in the bottom without a collar. The co2 would have to be able to fit on the hump, or outside though.

I have 3 on the floor, a 10lb co2 on the floor, and a 2.5 gal of Root Beer on the hump.

Hope that helps. :mug:

Thanks Lilrascal. Somehow Madison sold 12 of these buggers from yesterday to today so I had to order one today to be able to still get the sale price. I can't wait to get this thing going. I am going to use picnic tabs at first but it will make for a nice winter project I think to get it looking nice.

Fantastic build Lilrascal. Your work has inspired me to build one very similar to yours and Jesters.

Thanks! I did finally finish building a man cave in the basement to give it it's rightful home. Here is a picture of it now:

IMG_3703.JPG

My brother in-law made a decal with my logo that I put on framed chalkboard that I could hang next to the keezer.

IMG_3704.JPG

Awesome build. I have this exact freezer sitting downstairs with a couple kegs fermenting away. I just ordered kegging stuff today. Definately saving this thread as a favorite in case I feel inspired to take something like this on over the winter. I have zero woodworking experince or tools though so it would be an adventure.

Duuuuuuude! What a great job you did with the keezer build. You have no idea how many ideas this thread has given me. I started building my basement bar befor I started brewing, so I didn't incorporate anything for kegging/taps. This is absolutely perfect! I finished my entire basement in a rustic cabin decor, so I could build what you built and then dress it out with logs! Nice job. I started a thread recently called "My Basement Bar Build" in the DIY thead section. Check it out and I think you will agree that your keezer build will work perfectly in my bar area. Thanks again! :ban:

I am so pi$$ed right now. :mad: A 7.2 cu. ft. freezer just popped up on CL this morning. It was two years old, but never used and they wanted $100 for it. I emailed, made arrangements to pick it up at 2:00 tomorrow with the seller. Just got an email and they sold it out from under me! :( I offered to give them $125, but the person was already loading it into the back of his truck. Oh well, gotta keep looking. I may just bite the bullet and just go pick one up the GE from Home Depot.

No worries! I finally got my hands on a freezer for my keezer build. It's a 3 mo. old 7 cf GE freezer that is in brand new condition. Got it from a couple on CL for $125, about $100 less that buying it new at HD. :D I want to thank Lilrascal for this thread and all of the valuable information. Started my build yesterday and also started my own thread, which can be found in my signature line. This one is going to be a collar-less keezer build with a coffin and will be quite a bit different than the others I have seen on HBT. Rustic all of the way to match my bar build. :rockin:

Man, that sucks.

No worries! I finally got my hands on a freezer for my keezer build. It's a 3 mo. old 7 cf GE freezer that is in brand new condition. Got it from a couple on CL for $125, about $100 less that buying it new at HD. :D I want to thank Lilrascal for this thread and all of the valuable information. Started my build yesterday and also started my own thread, which can be found in my signature line. This one is going to be a collar-less keezer build with a coffin and will be quite a bit different than the others I have seen on HBT. Rustic all of the way to match my bar build. :rockin:

Judging by the work on your bar, your keezer is going to turn out awesome. :rockin:

GREAT JOB! I have a friend that is a master wood worker. So I hope he will build this for me. I was just wondering if you can break down what you spent on ever thing for me?

Been lurking for awhile and looking through the keezer builds. This is probably my favorite. Simple (as in not overly ornate) and I could probably convince my wife to let that have a place indoors.

Back