Ported Better Bottle question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckfoot

Reaction score
Just picked up a 6 gallon ported Better Bottle, but the store didn't have the racking spigot in stock... In my eagerness to get another batch started, I grabbed a synthetic wine cork which seems to fit the port snugly... I will leak test it for poops and grins, but I was wondering if it passes and I just cannot resist the urge to fill it up, any thoughts on whether the synth cork could be a bad idea or should I just wait for the spigot to come in?

Also, have a deal on a used 5 gallon glass carboy... Would that make a good secondary?

Thanks!
:mug:

I wouldn't mess with the bottle till you got the spigot. If the cork were to leak or allow oxygen into your beer it would be ruined.

The 5 gallon carboy should be fine for secondaries.

Ah come on... :(

You were supposed to tell me "Nah, shouldn't be a problem, plugged it up, fire up the burner and get to it!!"

:D

I guess a few more days aren't gonna kill me... Besides, I am gonna pick up a 20# CO2 tank tomorrow and I am still waiting for my regulator to be delivered... Have the first four rebuilt cornies pressure testing now and got a spare set of disconnects... If I can get the Weizen kegged and out of my spare pail, I can use that again for the new brew.... :rockin:

Back