New Kid[s] in town

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98EXL

Reaction score
Well, I've started to get busy with the new gear, so here is a little preview of what took place this weekend.......CFC and I got a wild hair up my ass, and busted out my buddies angle grinder, a scotch bright and started up on some bling!

cfc_and_shiney.jpeg

and here is my boil keggle to be, and my HLT to be:

shiney_and_dull.jpeg

My buddy and I are thinking after we bling up the Guinness keg that we should put the black line back on.....what do you think?

very nice...yeah put the line back on, it will add a little character to it..

Were you able to get the valve off the Guinness keg? I have a keg with the same valve and am not sure how to proceed.

I found a thread that described how to relieve the pressure, but not sure how I'm going to get the collar off of it.

6ec61ed5.jpg

well if you want to use it as a keggle you only need to relieve the pressure and while its open drill a hole inside the area ya want to remove. its what i had to do with my keg

Yes, I want to make a keggle out of it, but I want to use the angle-grinder-on-a-jig method of cutting the top out, so I need to be able to fit a pivot into the center.

If I can't get the collar off, I guess I could build something that would fit over the diameter of the collar...it's circular other than those three flat sections, so I could either find something circular that'll fit over it, or mount the jig to three flat pieces that'll fit over the flat sides of the collar.

Yes, I want to make a keggle out of it, but I want to use the angle-grinder-on-a-jig method of cutting the top out, so I need to be able to fit a pivot into the center.

If I can't get the collar off, I guess I could build something that would fit over the diameter of the collar...it's circular other than those three flat sections, so I could either find something circular that'll fit over it, or mount the jig to three flat pieces that'll fit over the flat sides of the collar.

i used a 2x4 drilled it using a forstner bit a bit larger then the outside diameter of the valve. it fit a bit tight. granted mine was round without flat side but it should work for you as well.

Hmm... I don't think I have a Forstner bigger than 2-1/8", but I could use the router to cut a hole the right size. Great idea.

Back