mr beer people

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tritanium

Reaction score
Just about to bottle my first batch...west cost pale, that comes with kit, and no ei need to figure out which beer to make next. i was thinking somthing along the lines of killians red, but not quit sure which of thier stuff would be closest. any idea? or maybe just which has been your favorite so far. thanks

tritanium said:
Just about to bottle my first batch...west cost pale, that comes with kit, and no ei need to figure out which beer to make next. i was thinking somthing along the lines of killians red, but not quit sure which of thier stuff would be closest. any idea? or maybe just which has been your favorite so far. thanks

I have made several great beers with Mr. Beer.
Otto's Octoberfest turned out great. I just tried my Pumpkin Porter, and it is awesome...that would be a great Thanksgiving beer! If you want to do a red, why don't you try the Bewitched Red Ale with Mellow Amber unhopped malt extract...it is one of their most popular combos, and it is pretty straight forward. You might want to add some additional hops for aroma to get close to Killians. Anyone know what kind of hops Killian's uses?

I beleive that Killian's Irish Red is brewed with Hallertau hops. Try 1 oz boiled for 60 minutes and then 1 oz boiled for 15 minutes. And if you want to get really crazy, and I know you do, throw in 1 oz cascade hops right into your fermentor after 5 days of fermentation then wait a week before bottling.

Englishmens Nut Brown Ale is excellant if you like a slightly darker beer, and you can't go wrong with the Bewitched Red.

If you want to get REALLY crazy, come to http://www.bradyshomebrew.com and check out the Microbrewery kits for Mr. Beer customers.

They are all extract-with-specialty-grain kits designed for the Mr. Beer fermenter. The recipe for "Bewitching Red Ale" includes Crystal 40L with a smidge of roasted barley, Alexander's pale liquid malt extract (don't need to use amber when you've got the grains for color), and Simcoe and East Kent Golding hops. You will like it!

Cheers!

Or if you want to get Really, Really crazy then get your recipe kit but add an extra 2 lbs of "special B" grain to the recipe. It will add a rich red malty goodness to your beer and give it a unique charicter sure to amaze your friends.

Back