Two weeks in the bottle....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich1852

Reaction score
First time brewing, doing the Coopers Bavarian Lager. Have bottled and now have been in bottles for two weeks. My understanding is that it should be about good to go, but I understand also that the longer, couple of months, it will get even better.

Do people normally try it after two weeks, or is there a certain time period, just to see how it is. IF it isn't that great, at what point do you call the batch a dud?:confused:

Ok. It seems a little sour and a little bitter. Almost like a wine....does seem pretty potent though.

The stronger the beer the more time it takes to reach it's best flavor. 2 weeks is way to soon. I would have advised you to wait a minimum of 3 weeks or a month before tasting. Ive got some I've be conditioning for 3 months so far it's still not ready. But this way you be able to taste the improvement as it ages.

It's a shame when people put in all that work get impatient and drink up a bunch of green beer only to say you know I didn't think the beer was all that great but that last bottle was really goooooood!!!:mug:

Back