What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched the fridge repair guy find that I didn't need a compressor, but just a fan motor. Unfortunately, none on the truck, he had to order it. Dammit Beavis!!

Hopefully finally dry hopping my batch tomorrow so I can bottlle Thursday

--------------------------------------

Where do you place your probe?

I've been writing more of my upcoming book on my home brewing experiences. I have a large number of bottles that need cleaning I'll have to get done today as well...

Spent yesterday doing a fundraiser run for our Children's Hospital (followed by tailgating) and today it's work followed by the Packer game and homebrew.

Watched some football last weekend instead of racking my keg. But I'll do that tonight! :D

I was going to brew a stout, but I've brewed every weekend for 6 weeks, so I may take a weekend off to drink.

Installing a sink in the basement so I can brew down there. I had a small boil over on my wife's new flat top stove this weekend and have been banned from the kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

SWMBO & myself went down to Port St. Joe FL Saturday, met some friends & went scalloping. Brought enough back for a nice meal last night & then some. Great way to spend an afternoon.

Probably cycling. It tends to be my primary weekend activity during the summer. Plus, with no effective means of temperature control, I haven't been as successful at this point in my brewing as I would like to be.

My wife likes beer so I was allowed as long as I cleaned up. And for the record I was able to clean the stove top, but wasn't enough to save me.

I like to cook,... but I don't clean well,... that's my down fall with her in the kitchen.

The thing that gets her is how I keep everything clean in my brewery! LOL

pb

Throwing a party so people can finally try my beer. Hopefully I'll get a few converts that want to start homebrewing themselves. Should be interesting to get people's reactions.

This weekend is going to kick ass. The annual UllrFest is happening at the local ski hill. A couple of friends and I are going to do an 8 mile run up to the UllrFest and then participate in the festivities. What are the festivities? Live music and all of the best breweries in New Mexico show up for tasting and a great party. If I am coherent enough on Sunday, I may try to brew a stout. :drunk:

HS Football game tonight (Daughter is Assistant Drum Major and conducting the 3rd song...) and then Saturday driving to lansing to watch the MSU Spartans absolutely tear apart the visiting Eastern Michigan (Can't remember their mascot... ;)

Sunday *might* be a brew day. Friend may be coming down so I can do some body work on his decklid and we might brew a batch of beer at the same time. If that doesn't work out I have an unlimited number of other things I coudl be doing, including drywall mud and sand at my mom's house.

Heading to Kona,Hi tomorrow for two weeks for my wife's graduation present as she is now a licensed respiratory therapist. Will be checking out the local brew pubs and all the other fun stuff Kona has to offer.

Does gravity affect gravity? Would all beer be lite on the moon?

Working with my Service Dog. She has started an annoying habit of threatening the delivery people through the front window and that has got to stop. So I have a couple of the neighbors planning to just stop by a couple of times over the weekend so I can work with her to get her to stop that barking. Every since I got ill and had to spend a while back in the hospital she has gotten hyper protective, but I cannot have her threatening ambulance attendants because they will just call a sheriff who will shoot the dog. Yeah, I live out here in the country with some backward assesd rednecks, so they would rather kill a 40,000 dollar dog than just wait till I can get her on a leash. Go figure huh, I guess that is the trade off for living out in the country where I can do pretty much whatever I want whenever I want with no complaints or comments. So that's what I am doing this weekend, plus I have some potting I need to get done for my winter garden. I am planning to have a pretty decent crop of cool weather plants like Brussels sprouts, Broccoli and cauliflower, as well as get my garlic started for harvesting next june or july. Lots to do to keep my little mini farm going and keep my silly assed dog in line too!!!

Wheelchair Bob

Going to the fall meeting of the Zymurgists Borealis and to HooDoo Breweries Octoberfest, in one day! May try to sneak in a brew on Sunday, depending in how I feel in the morning.

Driving out to my mom's and moving her woodpile for the winter. Putting away summer stuff and pulling out winter stuff, etc. Going fishing and hiking, hopefully...

Just transferred a lager to keg and aiming for natural carbonation; will check in a few weeks.

Wedding Bull****. I'm running out of beer and might be forced to buy commercial beer out of necessity.

I got the, "I feel like your beer brewing takes priority over me speech!"

Not as extreme as it sounds, I have a very understanding fiance who supports my beer brewing and when I'm brewing she always asks me if I'm brewing an IPA w/ simcoe as she tends to love the pissy/piney IPA's.

I'll be bottling my stout-turned-strong pale brown ale, and then heading up to my grandmother's home in cottage country for a little family reunion :)

Using my brew notes & researching history for my homebrewing book. Maybe checking first FG on my Dampfbier V2. Interesting to note that various forms of dampfbier go back to the cradle of civilization. Barley, wheat & what became weizen yeast moved from the Tigris & Euphrates all the way to Finland. Those Germanic & Nordic tribesmen knew a good thing when they tasted it.

Some of the guys and I are heading out for what could be the manliest of manly-man Saturdays, and are hitting a cigar festival for lots of cigars, Scotch, and big ol' steaks.

Some of the guys and I are heading out for what could be the manliest of manly-man Saturdays, and are hitting a cigar festival for lots of cigars, Scotch, and big ol' steaks.

Go shoot some clay pigeons (or real ones) and you're at the pinnacle :mug:

Sounds like my bachelor party! (Of course, the guns came before the booze.)

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412150517.496763.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1412150560.822258.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1412150656.157208.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412150860.217462.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412150880.667714.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412151254.429858.jpg
    ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412151254.429858.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 81
I have not brewed in MONTHS. All my stuff is in storage as the house is up for sale. Had a buyer and have the house 80% packed. Just yesterday I got a call from the realtor, the buyer was not able to secure financing.
Was to pack the house into portable storage this weekend and move in with the GF temporary until we find our own home. Everything is on hold:(

I have a few bottles of Andy's mint stout from last winter. It seems its going to be a winter where I catch up on reading rather than brewing.

Back