First time kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msppilot

Reaction score
I am kegging for the first time and I don't know if I am getting my pressure up high enough. I just filled the keg with water to try it at first and it seems like I am not getting much more then 8 to 10 lbs of pressure. I wanted to have it up around 30 lbs for a few days before backing it off. Could this be a regulator problem? I do not hear any leaks after the tank fills, so I don't think that is the problem. Thanks.....

I'm not sure what you are saying. When you turn the regulator up (to a higher pressure), it won't go? Or it won't turn up at all? Is yours turned by a screw or a knob? Mine has a screw and I use a flat head screwdriver and turn it to the right to turn it up.

It has a knob that when I turn up all the way the regulator read 8 to 10 lbs. I was hoping to get a least 30 lbs.

Okay, I didn't see there was an adjustment screw on the underside of the regulator. I adjusted that and it brought the pressure up. Like I said, fist time kegging.......

Latest posts

Back