These are a few of my favorite Beers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello HBT! What is/are your favorite types of beer to drink or brew?

For me, its:
1)Belgian Wit
2)Stout (usually cream)
3)Every other type of beer

Mine is :

1) IPA - Dofish head, Victory Hop Devil (still need to brew one)

2) Pale Ale - Flying Dog, Mine :)

3) Belgian Wit - Mine :)

1) Gueuze (any one I can get my hands on)

2) Maibock (the one I brew)

3) Flanders Red (Had an Ommegang Rouge Grand Cru last night...might have a new favorite)

1 - American Pale Ale, this is my #1 favorite style, has been for years. Every other batch I make is an APA, though I rotate 3 or 4 different recipes for variety.

2 - Dead Guy Ale

3 - Porter (especially Edwort's Robust Porter recipe)

1) Gueuze (any one I can get my hands on)

2) Maibock (the one I brew)

3) Flanders Red (Had an Ommegang Rouge Grand Cru last night...might have a new favorite)

That Ommegang Rouge is killer.

Favorite styles? That's tough.

1. Sour anything, really. Picked up Russian River Consecration again last night, so I'll be drinking that soon. Love it, along with their other sours. Beatification is probably #2 on that list. Had the Ommegang Rouge three days ago. Love that. Anything Cantillon, emphasis on Fou Foune and I think I like the Iris just as much, and then the Jolly Pumpkin beers stand out in my mind as well. Have the Cascade Kriek at home and I can't wait to try it.

2. Imperial Stouts, I think would be my second favorite, but I am picky. Speedway is my favorite, Stone is great, Old Rasputin (emphasis on XI), Bourbon County Brand from Goose Island, Green Flash Double Stout, and Haandbryggeriet Dark Force. ****. I need another bottle of Dark Force. If anyone has Dark Lord they want to send me, I would be happy.

3. American IPA/DIPA. Pliny, Sculpin, Blind Pig, Dorado, Alesmith, Pure Hoppiness, Racer 5, West Coast and Green Flash Imperial, and the list ccould go on for days.

There's no "mine" on the list because frankly, I'm not at the place to make a sour beer as complex and interesting as any on my list. I could probably make a good Imperial Stout, but it wouldn't be like the ones I listed, and I don't see a point in making a Pliny clone with as mucch as it would cost.

1) Belgians
2) The 7 Trappists
3) Fruity pales. (not with fruit, but with fruitiness from Hops and Yeast.

I know there's one Trappist brewery that isn't in Belgium, but you're being fairly repetitive on 1 and 2 there. Also, "Belgian" doesn't really define a specific style at all.

Can I change mine to:
1. American
2. Belgian
3. European

1. West coast IPAs (Green Flash, Racer 5)
2. British strong/old ales (I am a huge fan of the Fuller's vintage ales)
3. Imperial Stouts (The Abyss, Rogue's and mine)
4. Love an good Saison but have yet that to brew one up to my standards after two tries.

1) Double IPA
2) IPA w/ American hops
3) Dry Stouts

:mug: I love hops! :cross:

PS> I knew IPA's from east coast breweries long before I ever tried west coast and they use the same hops at Victory and Dogfish as Stone does, so why do we call everything "west coast" style. East coast rules! :drunk:

Latest posts

Back