So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well apparently flyangler brews 7 days a week so the thread may never end!:D

While I can sit and lie, telling you that's the case - I won't. :D

I did manage to brew three times this week, though . :ban:

This week was the first time I've managed to do any brewing in nearly two months.

Kegging/bottling my Backporch Amber Ale tonight. May brew my Cascade SMaSH this weekend, but it may have to wait until next weekend.

Brewing a Dunkelweizen tonight after work.

Have to keep the relatives happy at Thanksgiving!

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh lordy....im going to get my ingredients in the mail on wednesday the 21st and am probably going to brew that same day.

got a "double bastard" recipe that i did last year but with some adjustments;
Doing a double dry hop with amarillo and simicoe
adding oak spirals aged in evan williams bourbon
adding 1.5 pounds of dark candi sugar
double pitching with white labs WLP051 and nottingham
and it will be temperature controlled this time. last one came out amazing but this is going to be beyond epic.

Brewing a Pecan Scottish Ale tomorrow, then possibly the EdWort's Bee Cave IPA on Sunday. Probably wait till next sat for that though.

i am brewing an american ipa with magnum for bittering and cascade and willamette flavors and aromas at like 1.070 then on sunday if im feelin up to par a lighter brown or blonde at 1.040

Brewing up a Scottish 80 Sunday. Hope to have an 8 liter starter by then from a 26 month old pack of Wyeast 1728. Crazy, but a kick. It's now at 6 liters. First brew after moving to the new place. Been two years now....

I'm brewing batch #2 of my Spiced Cherry Belgian Dubbel tomorrow.
I just racked the first batch onto the fruit earlier this week.

I'm happy to say I will be brewing a simple brown ale. It is an attempt to get my roommates into the hobby so they will pitch in next time for ingredients.

I am cooling down a batch of fat tyre clone. Then going to brew a stout. Then maybe do a batch of wine.

Christmas is coming need to fill the pipe line.

I would be brewing this weekend but my order from stirplates.com hasn't come in yet and I don't want to make a yeast starter and leave it unattended while I work all day today and half the day tomorrow. :(

Ahh, the joys of brewing in Autumn. I'd forgotten how nice it is to brew when it's cool outside. It's actually pleasant to be next to the burner, instead of it making you hotter than hell. And the ground should be a bit cooler so the IC should work much quicker.

Brewing my first all-grain batches, 2 2.5 gallon batches of BierMuncher's Belgian Wit. Got a brew-buddy coming over to help out, I'm pretty pumped...

Well I rushed and brewed last night....only got 65% eff.....maybe I should redeem myself and brew today. I need to run and get more propane.....not sure yet though......who the hell am I kidding :mug: I'll be back later, gotta get some propane.

I brewed yesterday my first all grain batch Ed Worts Haus Pale Ale :mug: Every thing went great i hit my temps rite on thats what I was most worried about. I only got a 1.048 instead of a 1.051 but I'm happy with it. All in all it was a great day.

I'm getting the last of my equipment together today for my first all-grain batch tomorrow. Cream Ale! I will run a satellite box and TV to the front of the garage for Football. The high temp tomorrow is 71 degrees. Wow, what a day I have planed!

Am I living the high life or what?

Brewed :rolleyes: my very first batch of pale ale via Mr. Beer about an hour ago!! :mug: Sitting in the cooler with some ice packs at 67F.

Wish me luck on my first brew of anything other than bad coffee.

Going for my first creation tonight:

3lb Light DME
3lb Light LME late addition
1lb Crystal 60L
.5 lb Carafa II

.75oz @ 15AA Nugget 60min
.5oz @ 13AA Chinook 30min
.5oz @ 5.5AA Cascade 15min
.5oz @ 5.5AA Cascade 2 min

Whirlfloc @ 5min

1056 yeast 14 days @ 68 degrees

my immersion chiller cooled my 5 gallon batch in 7 minutes. Thats a record for me.

Pecan Scottish Ale boiling at this moment. Ended up with 7.5gal of wort after the mash and two sparges, very nice! We'll see what my efficiency is after it's done.

Jamil's Black Scapular Dubbel.

Mashing as I type (~50min left). My reward for helping SWMBO with her charity garage sale all day.

Also using my first yeast starter done with my new DIY stirplate and flask.

Got everything weighed out and starter is started. How come it has to rain like 2 out of 3 brewdays? Come on already! I guess it'll be snowing soon, so I shouldn't complain too much :)

I brewed up an American Amber Ale today. The recipe is basically Jamil's from Brewing Classic Styles. My OG was a little high but everything else went just fine.

I am, Ed wort's Haus pale ale with Amarillo hops. Can't wait, the first one was unbelievable with Cascades. UH Oh, got to go looks like a boil over! %$#%&*@!

I went on a frenzy this weekend. I had my first brew day two weeks ago (Bridgeport IPA clone) bottled that today. I made my first JAOM yesterday. I also experimented with something I am calling MYdPM, started that last night. I Started Apfelwein today. Tomorrow I am brewing an Alaskan Amber clone. I have the bug.

Back