What pressure to store full keg at 65 degrees?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StunnedMonkey

Reaction score
Through some errors (vendor: horrible crush, me: sparge volume mistake/excessive boil-off) I ended up with my Miscalculation Pale Ale...4 gallons of ale at 1.051/80 IBU's. Yes, 80. It's a month old and I sampled a bit after a few days kegged. Let's just say...it's bitter. Like sour gummy worms with extra white powder on the outside and no sweet wormy middle. Other than the excessive hoppiness, it's not bad. No off flavors to note. My hope is that it'll smooth out if I leave it alone long enough.

So it's at 38 degrees and 11 psi now. I want to remove it from the keezer and stick it in a corner somewhere for several weeks. What pressure should I apply to the keg before unhooking it? Do I bump it up to 20 or 30? Do I vent it down to 5? Does it even matter? It'll be stored at around 65 degrees.

Just leave it. Its sealed right? no leaks? then its gonna hold pressure off the gas. leave it be, adn then you only have to chill it again and then start dispensing.

commercial kegs are shipped around fully carbed adn ready to be tapped as long as they're chilled in advance.
ditto on those heiniken mini-kegs.

Back