Anyone ever beer shop at Jungle Jim's in Ohio???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estricklin

Reaction score
Used to go there when I was in Cincinnati, that place was CRAZY! Was telling my gf about it and I guess she thought I was exaggerating. Got some kind of Russian beer last time what a hoot.

YES! I'm a Cincy native - and that place CANNOT be beat! Beer, meat, fruit - you name it - they got it!

I only live about 75 miles the family makes the homage generally once a quarter if not more. Between a trip to JJ's, Listerman's (LHBS), Bass Pro and a stop at Ikea for the the wife it can be a pretty expensive day or two.

And a few homebrewing supplies, as well. :)

Their beer selection is the best I have found in central/south Ohio.

My wife and I make a trip down there a couple times a year.

Is it better than the party source? Never been to JJs, but loved the party source when I was down that way a few years ago.

I think it is, from their website:

Beer Selection
Beer is a way of life for many of us, that’s why the Beer Department at Jungle Jim’s has a selection of 1200 specialty, craft-brewed, and imported beers! Voted the Best Bottled Beer Selection in Cincinnati for 2010, Jungle Jim's is stocked with the largest variety of beers in this part of the country. We have domestic, imported, malt beverages, microbrews and hard ciders. Our specialty beers include dessert beers, fruit beers and cider beers.

They are opening a new location farther south around Eastgate. An article in the paper said it would be bigger than the original location.

They are opening a new location farther south around Eastgate. An article in the paper said it would be bigger than the original location.

Yep. I saw it in the spring - it's a biggun', that's for sure.

I work a couple of miles from there. My favorite is thief salsa bar. Something like 12 different salsas

They are having a beer festival this weekend. It's gonna be awesome.

Been there once. We figured we'd spend an hour, maybe an hour and a half there. My wife (girlfriend at the time) and I spent something like 3 and a half hours wandering around the store.

They do have an amazing selection of just about anything you could possibly want.

I wasn't into homebrewing at that time, do they have any supplies there? Or do they just sell finished beer?

BeardedIdiot said:
Been there once. We figured we'd spend an hour, maybe an hour and a half there. My wife (girlfriend at the time) and I spent something like 3 and a half hours wandering around the store.

They do have an amazing selection of just about anything you could possibly want.

I wasn't into homebrewing at that time, do they have any supplies there? Or do they just sell finished beer?

The have some supplies. 1 pound bags of specialty grain, a few hops, some dry yeast (not stored cool) and other equipment. I usually only pick up bottle caps or a hydrometer or something like that. I usually spend a lot of time in the beer isle (mostly checking bottle dates to weed out the old stuff). They get awesome kegs in and a lot of rare beers, though a lot of the beer doesn't move very fast and can be on the shelf for a long time.

They have really cheap glassware too! I got a few of the sam Adams perfect pint glasses for about $4-$7.

Back