Beers that remind me of Montana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhathazy

Reaction score
Hi folks,

New to the forum, looks like a wealth of knowledge here! I have been brewing for about a year now. I am now drinking a Moose Drool that turned out quite well! I got the recipe frpm BYO. Yesterday I bottled a Fat Tire clone that I got from AHS. I tasted a sample and I think its going to be pretty good, can't wait till it is ready!

As I live in Pittsburgh and can't enjoy any of the beer I had in Montana, I'm trying to make as many as I can get a recipe for. If anyone out there has any recipes for Montana brews, would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Dave

welcome to the forum! i know absolutely nothing about montana brews, but i noticed you live in moon township, my brother in law lives there as well.. visited a couple microbrewing places last time i was in pgh and had a good time

Well you already have the moose drool...

My new favorite is Grand Tetons ***** Creek ESB. Its from Idaho but you can't get it just anywhere yet. :)

Grand Tetons have some nice Cellar Reserve brews that I would love to clone. Not sure if you had many of their brews when you lives out west or not.

Did not have that one (***** creek esb). Unfortunately, I never lived in Montana, just have been there for a couple fishing trips. Between the fishing and the beer, I can't stop thinking about being there!

Back