MXC on Spike

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyin' Lion

Reaction score
Anybody watch this? If you are in the mood for stupid belly laughs then this is the show for you. It's an '80s japanese game show where the contestants basically get abused. It's been dubbed in English and you have to watch it with the sound on to get the full effect.

Watch for Kenny Blankenship's most painful eliminations.

alemonkey said:
Sinkers and Floaters is my favorite challenge.

SWMBO cringes while watching that one, she says it's like a car accident "you just can't look away." I too like sinkers and floaters, they get abused so bad in that one.:D

I'm a surfboard of death fan simply because of the danger involved. How many times do you see someone hit the water from 15' right on their neck?

That's why it'd never work here in the US (or most other legalocracy).

Thank god some TV exec hasn't tried to make it work here. It would be full of Fear Factor contestants.
My favorite thing about the show is how un-athletic or un-coordinated half of contestants are.
It's as if they went to an office and gave everyone a half hour to costume up, promising them the day off or threatening their job if they don't do the obligatoty corporate salute before they launch themselves into the abyss..

I love MXC. I like the one where they have to run up the hill while people up top roll fake boulders at them.

There is supposed to be a version on Spike or on DVD where they just dub the actual words instead of making them up. This could give a good idea of what actually went on.

Back