Laser-engraved Caps, Part 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayrton

Reaction score
Let's try this again.

Some of the more senior members may recall a couple years ago or so when I posted a thread about laser-engraved bottle caps that were available through the company for which I was working at the time. I posted this thread on it.

Shortly after, I was accepted to a Master's program at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland. I dropped off the radar here pretty quickly, and since I didn't take my brew stuff along (and because I was insanely busy), I didn't post here.

Anyway, I've been back for a while now, and while I no longer work at the place where the caps were engraved, I keep in contact with the people there, and they've really amped up that part of the business:

http://www.tagteamz.com/gallery/default.asp?loc=glass&col=4

I don't know anything about pricing. I apologize for not following through last time!

Am I stupid to think that the engraving may compromise the strength and pressure tolerance of the cap? Bottle cap metal is pretty thin as it is!

Nah, the laser can be set to barely take off the coating on the top of the cap. I've had entire batches of bottles with engraved caps and never had a problem.

Back