1/4 Barrels from craigslist.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simphoto02

WoodyBlue
Reaction score
1:4barrels.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pic but stumbled on these on a local Craigs Listing. !/4 Barrel (7.5 Gal) kegs.

Wondering if they are good for use instead of Corny's?

Has anybody used these? They are VERY clean Sanke kegs. Sanke fitting and dip tubes are ut and soaked in PBW along with the kegs and all are sparkling clean.

You can fit a carboy cap over the opening once you have the spear removed. Derrin also sells a really trick tri-clamp stainless cap.

I don't see why you couldn't use them for kegging in.. just need to use Sanke taps instead of disconnects.

Don't mean to threadjack. I can get my hands on one of the short 1/4 bbl sanke for $10, can this be used for a fermenter also? or is there some advantage to the tall/skinny 1/4 bbl kegs?

no real advantage.. In fact, the squat keg might make a better fermentor from the aspect of more surface area for the kraeusen to form. Might help with possible blowoff. *shrug*

Back