I'm interested in buying a plug-n-play electric brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limulus

Reaction score
Is there a plug-n-play electric system out there other than the Speidel Braumeister? I've been brewing with coolers and a propane burner since the 1990s. I'm going to remove a wall and add a bar to our finished basement in February. I have a closet under the basement stairs that even has an electrical outlet inside, a light switch and a floor drain! It would make a great fermentation room with a little insulation and a rack mount wine chiller. The basement also has it's own HVAC zone so it's climate controlled.

I have never brewed more than 5gal batches and the last couple of years have started scaling batches down to 3gal. I like the fact that the 20L Braumeister is a self contained unit and I have no problem with the price knowing what it takes to put these things together as a diy project. Is there anything else out there that I should look at? I do not want an extensive wiring project. I am willing to spend an afternoon assembling something as long as the directions are crystal clear. I already have two electric panels in the basement (main two floors, basement/home theater w/a spa circuit).

Have you visited theelectricbrewery.com? Kal provides a very detailed step-by-step process on building the control panel, installing elements, and everything in between. He also sells kits that are either pre-assembled or DIY; however, I have no idea what kind of budget you are looking at.

Personally, I initially followed kal's design pretty closesly but made some minor modifications in an attempt to save costs and meet my individual needs. In the end, I ended up going all out and making a complete clone.

Good luck with whatever you choose. I guarantee you will not be disappointed in an electric system.

Thanks Guys, I know both of those sites. The High Gravity site has a nice setup for $1500. At 15gal, it is bigger than I need, but I'll look into a smaller setup. I could use my existing pump and chillers. I do still like self-contained Braumeister setup. I'm looking to downsize on some equipment as well as go all electric.

I also can recommend the system from High Gravity. I did the 3 stainless kettles instead of the plastic option. I like it and their customer service is very good.
I had not heard of the other system you mentioned.

I am familiar with them. They used to have a brewing system that was made from stainless steel sinks. There is a really long thread on it here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/br...-not-brew-magic-vs-b3-but-comparisons-163149/ The Brewmation site does not show that system anymore.

I'm really still considering the Braumeister. It is total turnkey...well other than removing the German plug and replacing it with a US plug. I really want less equipment. I'm trying to clean out my garage and my basement which has a lot of my current and past hobbies.

Back