• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Came across this while Christmas shopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a downside? Will this company we are texting to start sending us ads and crap to our phone? Nothing is free nowadays.

Thanks for the heads up, order placed and 2 on the way for less then $10.

Is there a downside? Will this company we are texting to start sending us ads and crap to our phone? Nothing is free nowadays.

I thought the same thing so I read through the fine print and their privacy statement. It wasn't too bad. We'll see if they stick to it don't sell their info. If I start getting text spam I'll be pissed! After reading it I was still comfortable enough to go through with it.

MedicMang said:

Considering that the details of the deal say to text STOP to the same number you're texting to get the promo code, I'm betting yes, you'll start getting spam texts after doing this deal.

I paid $9 and change. I've been wanting a set of these to add to my collection. I saw them on ebay for around $20 and was going to do it before I saw this. Their privacy statement is pretty solid. If I start getting spam they'll have lost a customer.

I was reading another forum and several people reported receiving the Sam Adams glasses and stated that they were clearly factory rejects; some even missing the etching.

Anyone know if this is true?

So, you have to text your number to this 3rd party place and that link redirects you to Sam Adams' website?

I'm wondering if the free glass code is the same for everyone.

:)

i got mine yesterday and they were perfect. if you got rejects, i'd contact them and see if you can get replacements.

for anyone wondering, it does NOT look like you are texting a third-party. the link i posted takes you DIRECTLY to the bostonbrewing.com webpage. i confirmed this when i did a google search for this offer and found the same page.

I received mine a few days ago. They are brand new and not factory seconds.

Back