What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WildGingerBrewing's ESB. Was going to crack open a double chocolate coffee oatmeal stout, but I think I'll go the lighter route with my blonde ale.

image.jpg

I loved no correct saturday, maybe the first saturday of each month?

Probably not what you expected me to be drinking after buying a case of vanilla buffalo sweat, damn good brew tho! :D

First Saturday of the month works for me. Hopefully there's a good bit of interest since I had a pretty good time myself. So good, in fact, that I woke up the next morning not remembering a short portion of the night between when my wife went to bed (~11:00 pm) and when I went to bed (~2:00 am) during which time I apparently prayed to the porcelain god as evidenced by the bursted blood vessels under my eyes. I'll be taking it easier in the future since I hate waking up with missing parts of the night. The feeling of not knowing if you did something ****ed up is worse than just knowing you did something ****ed up.

EDIT: I also meant to say during this post that DirtWolf is freakin' awesome. To me it tastes a lot like FW Double Jack.

nukebrewer said:
I was actually going to take a poll about that. What was the level of entertainment value everyone got from that night? Any takers on doing it again or even making it a weekly or monthly tradition?

Had my third pour of Vegemite Sandwich with dinner and now having the last one from the growler.

I'm down with as often as everyone wants to do it.

Well, looks like I'm one and done tonight. Had a nagging headache today.( and not just talking about my wife ;))
Decided to drink that Buffalo Sweat earlier instead of taking any medicine, but the headache is worse.
Drinking coffee instead.

image-2899749473.jpg

I loved no correct saturday, maybe the first saturday of each month?

Probably not what you expected me to be drinking after buying a case of vanilla buffalo sweat, damn good brew tho! :D

Sloppy Saturday should be weekly.

Thought about dirt wolf, but got a 22 of firestone double jack instead.

Finishing my second pour of oatmeal yeti

Short's-Half Acre Captain Fantasy. They call it a well-hopped Saison fermented on pears, and I won't argue with that.

Well, looks like I'm one and done tonight. Had a nagging headache today.( and not just talking about my wife ;))
Decided to drink that Buffalo Sweat earlier instead of taking any medicine, but the headache is worse.
Drinking coffee instead.

Ill continue for you.. im just getting started :mug:'

tripplehazzard said:
Ill continue for you.. im just getting started :mug:'

Yes, please pick up my slack. Just don't drink anything I'm going to be jealous of. ;)

SupervisingChildren said:
Sloppy Saturday should be weekly.

Thought about dirt wolf, but got a 22 of firestone double jack instead.

Finishing my second pour of oatmeal yeti

Sloppy Saturday, I like that. I think that's what it should be named. :D
Weekly would be good too.

Sloppy Saturday, I like that. I think that's what it should be named. :D
Weekly would be good too.

I also second the name Sloppy Saturday. That's a few votes for weekly, one for monthly. I'm going to start a separate thread with a pole so we can be officially democratic about this.

EDIT: Of course my drunk ass misspelled 'poll.' I'll leave it as is for posterity's sake. Commence the pointing and laughing.

I must have missed Sloppy Saturday! That sounds like some good Saturday night entertainment!

Anyway, back at Old Chicago with another COOP DNR. Feeling a bit homesick tonight after face timing with my wife and daughter tonight.

image-181732744.jpg

finsfan said:
How available is that EDIT: vanilla buff sweat? I'll be driving across Kansas (I-70) after Christmas and will stop and grab some if I don't have to try to track it down.

DisturbChemist's sour saison. Did you use dregs for this? Very tasty. Thanks!

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm very proud of that one. First I used a "failed" starter I put in then I added the dregs from consecration and aged on french oak bottled with champagne yeast. The new sour I have is very oak forward. Will that subside? I'm thinking that it will. I only got one left sadly. I'm holding on to it. What do you taste?

DisturbdChemist said:
After some huge margaritas time to get bombed

I probably should've bit the bullet and bought those last three I saw on the shelf today.

I also second the name Sloppy Saturday. That's a few votes for weekly, one for monthly. I'm going to start a separate thread with a pole so we can be officially democratic about this.

I'd vote monthly. Since it's Sloppy Saturday, the second Saturday would be the obvious choice.

image-2600430117.jpg

Pretty good but mouthfeel is really lacking. Was expecting something different I suppose. Can't seem to find the Rogue seasonal in OKC.

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm very proud of that one. First I used a "failed" starter I put in then I added the dregs from consecration and aged on french oak bottled with champagne yeast. The new sour I have is very oak forward. Will that subside? I'm thinking that it will. I only got one left sadly. I'm holding on to it. What do you taste?

It was very enjoyable. Didn't take notes or anything and wasn't really in analysis mode, but it reminded me of a more layered Petrus Pale.

Is the new beer still in the fermenter? I can't remember the exact timeline, but the wood presenter at NHC this year said something along the lines that oak is most prominent after 4-6 weeks and then will become more integrated over the next few months. I could be misremembering, but that's ball park.

It was very enjoyable. Didn't take notes or anything and wasn't really in analysis mode, but it reminded me of a more layered Petrus Pale.

Is the new beer still in the fermenter? I can't remember the exact timeline, but the wood presenter at NHC this year said something along the lines that oak is most prominent after 4-6 weeks and then will become more integrated over the next few months. I could be misremembering, but that's ball park.

It's newly on oak so I'm planning to let it sit for a while. It's good now but needs more time. I'll taste again in Feb or march.

I'm glad you like it. I'm planning some more sours and wild ales in in the near future. I'm planning a Brett rye white ipa :ban:

Slightly overpriced

In the Philly area that is a good deal.

Hahaah I can't actually spell his name and was on my iPhone.

You could just say Mark. I'm sure you can handle that. Even on your phone. :D

First Saturday of the month works for me. Hopefully there's a good bit of interest since I had a pretty good time myself. So good, in fact, that I woke up the next morning not remembering a short portion of the night between when my wife went to bed (~11:00 pm) and when I went to bed (~2:00 am) during which time I apparently prayed to the porcelain god as evidenced by the bursted blood vessels under my eyes. I'll be taking it easier in the future since I hate waking up with missing parts of the night. The feeling of not knowing if you did something ****ed up is worse than just knowing you did something ****ed up.

EDIT: I also meant to say during this post that DirtWolf is freakin' awesome. To me it tastes a lot like FW Double Jack.

I vote monthly as well ... and sloppy Saturday is a great name for it!

Relaxing with this back home - waiting for the next round of snow.

image.jpg

Back