What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What...wait...it is stout day? Was wondering what Nizzle was talking about. Now on my third stout of the day, okay, Happy International Stout Day!!! Might just have to have a fourth Stout for celebration.:tank:

The newest brewery in the Madison area, and the IPA is rather dull. Considering they've been selling for seven days, I hope this is just a bug that will take a few batches to work itself out, or else I'm going to be rather disappointed.

I'm not so hop nuts that I can't enjoy a malty IPA, but this doesn't wow me on either front. I have the other three brews in my fridge; I hope they are much better.

Finishing up some of the beers from pumpkin carving party...Upslope Pumpkin

image-2048508253.jpg

The newest brewery in the Madison area, and the IPA is rather dull. Considering they've been selling for seven days, I hope this is just a bug that will take a few batches to work itself out, or else I'm going to be rather disappointed.

I'm not so hop nuts that I can't enjoy a malty IPA, but this doesn't wow me on either front. I have the other three brews in my fridge; I hope they are much better.

Being it's stout day I'm not surprised it's "dull" tasting!;)

Forgot about stout day, today was way too long. Having a Jai Alai while I try to figure out how many 750's I can fit in the box I made up and left at work today. At least I have to go in at 6am tomorrow.

Jai Alai... One of the best ipas.. in philly we are very grateful. Went to whole foods on Monday and they had 9 cases of Jai alai. !!!

InityBrew said:
Jai Alai... One of the best ipas.. in philly we are very grateful. Went to whole foods on Monday and they had 9 cases of Jai alai. !!!

I love the stuff, but I am a homer. They have over quadrupled production in the last few months, which is good news for many states that used to get it (before they blew up). The downside is that they filter it now, no more flakey Jai Alai :( they said it was to improve consistency, but we all know that beer dandruff freaks out noobs.

image-1739380330.jpg

Having another!

After a ton of Stout's...needed a small break. Raided the stock and came up with this.

Cafe Patron, Almond Joy coffee creamer and milk.

ForumRunner_20131108_212919.jpg

3 shots tequila, 1 ounce Almond Joy and a dash of milk.

Pour over ice and shake.

ForumRunner_20131108_213105.jpg

Pour into a rocks glass and enjoy!

ForumRunner_20131108_213159.jpg

image-719401803.jpg

Delish. Chocolatey/ strong vanilla. Just very slightly funky. Prairie is putting out some stellar brews. My only regret is that it sold out in a couple hours.

It's damn good! The coffee and Almond Joy flavors remind me of Hawaii.

I need to name it now. Any suggestions?

I was just drinking a plain old cup of coffee. Just got back from freezing my @ss off at a evening football game. Last thing I wanted when I got home was a cold beer.

As for the post above. A big drinker around these parts (for the ladies anyway) is Allen's coffee brandy and milk with ice. Those of us with a sense of humor might refer to it as "Fat @ss in a glass".

Milk Chocolate Stout is the brew this weekend. Plus we're still drink the last few bottles of Hefeweizen.

I have a coffee stout in the fermenter.

Delicious ass homebrewed Irish Cream Stout aged and best aroma in a stout I have ever had! Not quite as tastey as a Narwal but hey, thats an imperial. mines like a 6% or less hard to match that. Still was very delicous and well worth a 2 yr age with only > a sixer of it to go.

Now on to an aged Orange wheat beer,got some b viatamins thing going on-think it reached its peak some while ago. Still a pretty decent beer and more so for a wheat,Ive had worse commercial wheat beers. Its good but just B-vitamins-which age did not do this kindly most likely. Only got like 2 left so will be sticking those in the fridge soon. Must get more aged homebrew to try out of beer fridge... and into my face.

campbelldm1 said:
I poured half of a hb stout and have been adding some hb pumpkin ale as I go. I'm coming up with something good here

I brewed a bad IPA once and mixed it 50/50 with a nice HB stout and loved it

Very good ;). Got more and some lost city too also a cuban I need to try. Great cigar. This is about a year old since I bought it

What kind of humidor do you have I need to get one I bought a few gar's a while back went to smoke one and had to toss them all in the trash dry as hell mad I was.

campbelldm1 said:
I poured half of a hb stout and have been adding some hb pumpkin ale as I go. I'm coming up with something good here

Not a bad idea.

4-5 years ago when I used to get beer of the month deliveries, I'd get some beers I didn't really like (certain pale ale, red ale, blondes, etc.) and I had a few cases of Guinness (tall cans) that I got crazy with and began making mixed beers with.

Black and red
Black and pumpkin
Black and blonde...yikes

You get the idea.

NIZZLE said:
What kind of humidor do you have I need to get one I bought a few gar's a while back went to smoke one and had to toss them all in the trash dry as hell mad I was.

Ziplock baggy with a damp paper towel inside. Change the paper towel once every few days will keep it fresh. Poor man's humidor :rockin:

Latest posts

Back