Scored a Wine Bar draft system, looking to make fermentation box...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerapinChef

Reaction score
So I noticed this laying in the basement at work quite a while ago, and have been waiting for the right time to ask if I could have it. That time arrived, and here it is...

SDC11027.JPG

SDC11029.JPG

SDC11033.JPG

More to come...

So there it is...I was thinking of using it as intended one day, then I realized that the day where I have a bar that I need a wine tap is so far in the future I can't even see it. So I planned on adapting it to my most current refrigerator equipment needs, fermentation temperature control. First I wanted to make sure that no one wanted this for it's intended purpose, and ask why the gas distribution system would possibly be made of plastic?

The gas system was probably nitrogen (hopefully not just air!) and just enough pressure to push out the wine. Using CO2 would eventually give you carbonated wine.

I see an empty bottle of Bully Hill Goat White there. I have property next to that winery in NY, they make some good wine there.

I'm curious about the build of that fridge. It looks like the wood was added as a cover at a later date.

What are your plans for the fridge?

Uhh...I'm pretty sure my title was

"Scored a Wine Bar draft system, looking to make fermentation box

:mug:

Perhaps I should've been more specific.

Are you going to put your carboy into the fridge, is it even big enough? Are you going to add any insulation to make it bigger for multiple carboys?

Are you going to do this?
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/illegitimate-son-fermentation-chiller-71447/

This?
The Northern Brewer Homebrew Forum :: View topic - Fermentation Chiller (Pic's Included)

Are you going to hack it apart and use the coils to build a fridge?

Sorry, my question got you bent out of shape.

Sorry, I realized after I posted it that it didn't come off at all in the joking way that I meant it to...

I'm not really sure what my approach is going to be...I'm thinking something similar to the illegitimate son of fermentation chiller, but with a bit more a furniture look to it. I'd like to have something temporarily workable for a single carboy (for my 999) with the option to make something better later...fortunately my dad did HVAC for years, and my girlfriends father makes cabinets in his spare time, I think I will certainly be getting them together some time in the future...

I'm not really sure what my approach is going to be...I'm thinking something similar to the illegitimate son of fermentation chiller, but with a bit more a furniture look to it. I'd like to have something temporarily workable for a single carboy (for my 999) with the option to make something better later...fortunately my dad did HVAC for years, and my girlfriends father makes cabinets in his spare time, I think I will certainly be getting them together some time in the future...

eh, I've had a bad day at work today, so maybe I need to take off my Milkbone underwear. (Cheers reference anyone?)

:mug: I'm looking at building an illegitimate son of fermentation too which is what posed my question. I was hoping you would do it before me. I haven't found much on the net about the process.

Back