What program do you use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeInCtown

Reaction score
Wondering what program everyone is using for their labels. I went on line to a few sites and their pre-made choices were horrible. Looks like I have to make my own, but not sure what program or format to use for sending off to printer.

Also, since I have your attention, what are the normal label sizes and what requirements are there for labels? (and I'll do a search, thanks. ;) )

I use Photoshop. Others use Illustrator. GIMP is a decent free option. I've also seen some pretty decent lables done with PowerPoint around here.

I downloaded InkScape last week, which I understand is an open-source alternative to Adobe's Illustrator. I've never used a vector-based design program before, but the tutorial and examples were easy to follow, and I think I'll be using it for my labels in the future. Also, free software == more money for homebrewing supplies :)

You can find it here: http://www.inkscape.org/

i have played around with gimp as of late. not to difficult to pick up and seems to deliver the results i wanted. and for free i cant complain.

Back