Just built my fermentation chamber! Any recommendations for cold fermenting recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basilchef

Reaction score
Back story... I have conquered the American IPA and amber ales, also imperials of both. I am addicted to the euphoric smell and taste of sweet, sweet hops. Realizing that my friends, family and fans don't all share the same passion i do for those little nuggets of goodness, i must abandon my self indulgent ways (only for a batch or two, let's be real) and move forward, expanding my knowledge of beer and furthering my evaluation of consumer trends. Beers i like and know others will too include a hefe, Belgian, pilsner, or a GREAT amber lager. What have you done recently? win any home-brew medals? Any and all input/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

I love a good pilsener. Something I can geek out on hops with, but that I can serve to people more familiar with yellow colored beers.

I just brewed a Cream Ale a couple of weeks ago. Moving to my corny keg later this week for conditioning. I too have been doing IPAs and APAs and other hoppy beers that my BMC family and friends don't care for. This cream ale is pretty tasty so far. Light and refreshing but still has some craft beeryness to it and just enough corny taste and mellow bitterness to satisfy BMC drinkers.

Edit: Guess I forgot the thread was for a lager type recipe...oh well

BigBlue10EM said:
I just brewed a Cream Ale a couple of weeks ago. Moving to my corny keg later this week for conditioning. I too have been doing IPAs and APAs and other hoppy beers that my BMC family and friends don't care for. This cream ale is pretty tasty so far. Light and refreshing but still has some craft beeryness to it and just enough corny taste and mellow bitterness to satisfy BMC drinkers.

Edit: Guess I forgot the thread was for a lager type recipe...oh well

No, no, no. dont be sorry. ALL suggestions for great recipes/grain bills or suggestions to appease the crowd are greatly appreciated. Im going to be honest though, I have never had a cream ale that I know of. The name scares me a little. any domestics I may know?

Back