Sweet - a local homebrew store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nexus555

Reaction score
Well, this probably isn't relevant to most people here, but I found a local homebrew supply store near where I live. I live in Louisiana, and there are no big homebrew supply stores. I searched the yellow pages, google, everything to find something around here.

Sure enough there is a family run homebrew business about 2 miles from where I live!! I'm going to check it out tomorrow. The lady said on the phone that they had yeast, grains, canned malts (I guess extracts) hops, carboys, kegs, etc. Sounds exciting!! I am wanting to buy a new 6.5 gallon carboy and a few things, and it'd be so nice to go down the road to buy it, instead of paying shipping and waiting a week.

It looks like a small place, so I'm not going to hope for a complete homebrew supply source. But it will definitely be nice if I ever get a stalled fermentation and need new yeast or if I need fermenters and things like that. I guess I'll find out tomorrow what variety of items and ingridients they do have.

BTW for Louisiana residents, if you live any where near Livingston Parish (15-20 minutes from Hammond and Baton Rouge) and would like to know the range of their supplies, send me a PM and I will let you know tomorrow what all they have.

Well like I said, I'll probably check it out tomorrow and not relevant for most of your, yet pretty exciting for me!!

I can only dream. Closest I have is a brewpub. He'll give me yeast straight from the conicals, or hops/grain if I need it, and I throw him a sixer of my brew. Works out pretty well...

Congratz on your find!

Taking my 4th expedition tommorow to find one in Germany. Been all of the place, like a scavenger hunt. Feeling good about this one though.

Don't get your expectations up to terrible. There is one in my area that is a HBS and vacuum cleaner shop. Not that great for fresh ingredients but they are OK for equipment needs.

Back