I'm so happy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyzo

Reaction score
Well things with brewing had not been going so well for me lately. I had a pumpkin ale that failed to carbonate in the bottles even after 3 months of trying different methods. Then I had Jamil's chocolate porter turn out tasting like complete junk, even after again for 2 and a half months, just waaay to sweet, and overpowering chocolate due to my mistakes, not the beers fault. Before those two, i had numerous batches that tasted awesome and everyone liked, but they still discouraged me none the less, especially with Jamil's costing $60 to brew, and money is tight these days.

So i decided to give it one last hurrah and brew a wheat beer and a lager about a month back. The wheat I just tasted today for the first time, and WOW. Its so good, and everyone just loves it. The lager was just transferred to the secondary and is lagering away, but it smells and looks awesome, and the hydrometer tests taste good too :mug:
Needless to say im pretty happy that at least these brews seem to have went my way, and am anxious to get going AG next month.

Sorry to hear about your last brews not going so well :( Had a infected batch couple months ago due to the rain.. It was raining and it driped off the deck into the boil kettle when it was below 80 degress....Wasnt to happy :( Tin foil next time its raining...

Going AG is fun, At a little bit cheaper. It gets cheaper if you are willing to buy grain in bulk along with hops. But a lot of $$$ to front at one shot.

Good luck :)

Hi, I've had my last three batches not be up to snuff/something wrong infection-wise and I know your pain. Dumped two of them. But my last one here was a success and looking forward to continued AG brewing goodness. Yes, it is expensive to get going, but if you happen to be able to get in with a brewing partner or two, that's a good way to go about it.

The larger amount of 'brewables' you buy at once in bulk, the cheaper your single bottle of beer becomes. I still don't understand how people do extract brewing with any kind of economic sense, unless you just wish to have tailored control. Wort kits, I find, are less expensive and the work is done for you.

General rule of thumb: more work you do, cheaper the product becomes. Typically.

Good luck!

If you're having trouble with extract beers, it's probably pre-mature to jump into all-grain. AG has its advantages, but there are also many more things that can go wrong.

Back