input on danby kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danby Kegerator

this is on craigslist for 400, i might shoot the guy an email and give him a low ball just for the heck of it. any reviews or experience with it? i would like to put a a new tap on it, prob a 3 tap. thanks guys.

rip off brother, unless you are in to fancy things that cost way to much... If you can us a drill and a saw zaw you can make you own kegerator out of a 12 pack of dr. pepper. An exaggeration but you get the point.. Long story short, Craigs List is great, but $600!!! They have fridges for free sometimes. I got one for $100, and could turn it into a 2-3 spout kegerator for less than $100. Think about it

google Danby kegerator real well before paying too much. But if you pick it up cheap enough and are willing to make a few improvements, it makes a fine kegerator that will hold three cornys.

I have a Danby that I picked up for $200 - I wouldnt have paid a cent more for it either. Dont get me wrong, its a good unit (and yes it holds 3 kegs) but as stated before you can go much cheaper. I liked this deal cause the tank/regulator came with it. I ended having to dump more $$$ into it to change over the sanke connection though. (Now to build the new tower)
-Me

rip off brother, unless you are in to fancy things that cost way to much... If you can us a drill and a saw zaw you can make you own kegerator out of a 12 pack of dr. pepper. An exaggeration but you get the point.. Long story short, Craigs List is great, but $600!!! They have fridges for free sometimes. I got one for $100, and could turn it into a 2-3 spout kegerator for less than $100. Think about it

the link is to a brand new unit that cost 600, i said that the one on craigslist is 400. i was going to see if he would bite on 200. i also found a guy that is getting rid of a 6 cubic ft mini fridge for 100-probably the route i'm going.

I have one and love it. I went the Danby route becuase it looks nice (wife let's me keep it inside) and it's almost ready to go out of the box. All you need is to spend a couple dollars on soda keg fittings.

You can buy a NEW one at Sam's club for $378. So the $200 range for a used one would be a good deal. Just make sure it comes with the reg and CO2 bottle. The unit comes from the factory with a keg stand (for 7gal kegs) and shelves to make it a fridge. So if that's not there, use that as ammo for your bid.

I also added to taps to mine. You can get the shanks from Micromatic.com for around $20 then just add your faucet. I have been really happy with mine. Stays as cold as I want (34 - 45 depending on the beer in there), holds three corny ball lock kegs (pin are fatter and you can only fit 2), and a 5 lb CO2 with reg on it.

thanks for the replies. i've found a few more listed, and i'm definitely going to low ball-i'm in no rush, i'll just keep on bottling until i get a good deal ;) i also found a converted full size fridge with two taps tank included for 300...hmm...

I think I only payed like $400 for my Danby brand new a Sams Club. Unless it is a commercial version that is way to much for a used one.

I think I only payed like $400 for my Danby brand new a Sams Club. Unless it is a commercial version that is way to much for a used one.

yeah i just saw online they are like 475. i found another person with one brand new in the box.

i'm finding a lot of chest freezers/mini fridges for <100 so i thinking about just doing one myself, although the deluxe kit from northern brewer @280 plus a 50-100 fridge/freezer could probably get me a used unit...

Back