New Homebrew Shop in Huntsville

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdail87

Reaction score
Most of you guys are probably already familiar with Pearlies, and the lack of product selection, and other issues.

The craft brew store "Wish You Were Beer" actually sells homebrew supplies in the back. I had only heard rumors, they don't advertise it on their site, but I can confirm the rumors are true! It's not the biggest selection ever, but they do a good job with the space they have. They even have a limited selection of some White Labs yeast.

One of the employees even told me they're trying to grow their selection and could order something for me if they didn't carry it.

They don't crush grains, so you'll need a mill, which you can actually buy at the store. You can probably find cheaper ones online, but if you want to pick one up there, they cost about $55.

Thanks for sharing. I was looking to order a new kit, but i think I am going to go by there first. Do they have any extract kits?

@GreenhawK, Sorry I missed your comment before. They do sell a handful of kits.

They've also improved their selection significantly since I posted this. Everytime I've been there they've asked if they were missing anything, and everytime I went back they had exactly what I told them was missing.

They even carry Wyeast in addition to White Labs now. I have to say I'm really impressed with what they've done with the place.

...and an update.
WYWB is opening a second location at the old Stone Middle School of Governors this summer, just as a HB supply shop. Until then, the Madison (Hwy 72) location continues to carry a pretty good selection for a room that is only about 12 x 12!!

Latest posts

Back