Coming to Huntsville...what to do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pannell77

Reaction score
I am headed to Huntsville Sunday-Friday next week for some training for work. I will be at the comfort inn on university drive. I am looking for some advice on good restaurants, bars, and anything to do while I am there.

Unfortunately, it's not a very beer friendly state. There are some groups/businesses trying to square that away though.

University Drive has quite a few restaurants on it. Hooters, Chili's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Fridays, etc. but nothing special beer wise.

"The Nook" off of Bob Wallace is probably one of the best beer joints to hit up. They've got a great selection and a lot of local places introduce new brews there.

http://thenooktavern.com/TheNook/Welcome.html

Straight to Ale has a tap room off of Drake Ave. where they serve their beers. I haven't been there yet but it's definitely on my list.

http://www.straighttoale.com/

Also, not far from University Dr. is Bridge Street Town Center. They have a lot of nice restaurants and serve most of the local brews there. Monaco pictures has a Prive section where you can watch movies and drink, it's more expensive but the seat spacing/reclining seats make it worth it to me.

Also, if you're into wine and cigars in addition to beer, there's "The Vintage." They have a nice walk-in cigar humidor and wine selection with a few high gravity beers. You have to pay $25 to become a "member" and they give you a $25 gift certificate so you can go up into the lounge. The lounge has leather recliners and flat screens everywhere. Nice place in my opinion and everything in Bridge Street is within walking distance.

If you want to have a nice beer selection to take back to the hotel head to the Liquor Express on University. They have about 40 taps and hundreds of craft beer bottles to pick from. All local selections are represented and a lot more.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Liquor-Express/109794525718106

I'd volunteer to show you around but I'm not back CONUS until 27 July. Hope you have a good time. :mug:

A little late to the party, but there are 2 place in HSV that are mandatory stops for beer lovers. The Nook on Bob Wallace and Stem & Stein on County Line Rd. Both have amazing beer selections and a clientele that know and love good beer. Beverly at the Nook will take care of you.

I love HBT as I always find what I am looking. Im going to be in Huntsville the next two days and now I now where to go. Thanks.

I love HBT as I always find what I am looking. Im going to be in Huntsville the next two days and now I now where to go. Thanks.

If you go to the Nook, tell Beverly "Red" told you to come there. Also, a couple of the local microbreweries have opened up tap rooms. You can get beer from both on tap at the several places around town. Also, there is a new BrewPub that just opened up downtown. If you want to go there, I HIGHLY suggest making a reservation unless you don't mind waiting 45-90min for a table.

Below the Radar BrewHouse
220 Holmes Ave. N.E.
Huntsville, AL 35801

Straight to Ale Brewery
3200 Leeman Ferry Road Southwest
Huntsville, AL 35801

Blue Pants Brewery
500 Lanier Road, Madison, AL

Back