Dry Hopping Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsonbrew

Reaction score
I am going to brew an IPA here shortly and have decided to split the 5 gallon batch into two secondary fermenters and dry hop them with different hops to see what kinds of flavors I can get and how it changes the flavor of the beer. I was wondering what kinds of hops I should consider for the dry hopping. I love hoppy beers but am not really looking to go extreme on this batch. I am thinking both bitter and citrus hops would be good. Any ideas?

I like to use centennial or CTZ. Simcoe would be good too, or maybe citra if you want a citrus boost. I haven't tried citra but have heard some good things.

Things I have dry hopped in the past and turned out great:

Citra
Amarillo
Zythos
Amarillo/centennial
Cascade/Citra
Citra/Amarillo
Cascade/Centennial

I like to use centennial or CTZ. Simcoe would be good too, or maybe citra if you want a citrus boost. I haven't tried citra but have heard some good things.

yeah, those are all good ones. citra isn't really citrus-y though, more tropical fruits, mangoe-y, maybe papaya. i like amarillo a lot for citrus. simcoe is great. put those to together and you have IPA gold, IMO.

Back