Sanke to Ball Lock QD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockfordWhite

Reaction score
So i was wondering if this would work.

Could you cut the diptube for a keg and somehow add tubes that would connect to the Ball lock QD (both or possibly just the line out). Just thought it could be a neat idea for bringing beer to friends houses

I'm sure it's possible to weld a sanke connection to a corny, but why? If you want to share beer, a counterflow bottler would work, or biermuncher's BMBF

Have you friend install screw on connectors to his tap line and co2 line on the sanke. then just unscrew them and screw them on to you ball lock fittings. All of my ball lock fittings are screw on just for ease of cleaning. I can take them off and let them soak while doing line cleaning.

edit: The BMBF works great and if I'm just taking a few that is how I would do it. If you plan on taking a keg often I would probably go with the screw ons. You wont have to take and use your gas and its about a 2 min job to make the switch.

I helped my brother in law build a kegerator, he is not into brewing, but he is
definitely into Georgetown Brewing Companies "Mannys Pale Ale". His Sankey
coupler looks like this
sankey-tap.jpg

I am going to take off the barbed tail pieces and replace them with these
tailpiece-mfl.jpg

and then put these guys on the end of each of the gas and beer lines
barbed-swivel-nuts.jpg

so you can either screw onto the sankey mfl tail piece, or onto your standard
corny disconnects
ball-disconnects.jpg

and as you can see (if you peek at the picture urls), everything available from northern brewer

Or for an extra $20 you can order the MFL > Corny post adapter and a ball lock corny post, and simply use the ball lock QDs as they were intended.

Back