New Zealand hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljforster701

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to make my first ag recipe. Started out thinking an IPA but now it's going to be a black IPA. My lhbs has some New Zealand hops that they are trying brewers to try. Well since I'm into experiencing a little bit. What are some of the New Zealand hops that are available? Just wondering so I can have an idea of what I might want to use. Thanks in advance.

Off the top of my head, Nelson Sauvin, Pacific Jade, Pacific Gem, Motueka. There are more out there as well.

Cah't go wrong with Southern Cross, Nelson Sauvin, Rakua, and Riwaka.

Galaxy is an Australian hop.

You could look at Northern Brewer's Kiwi IPA kit to get some names (and how to use them). I did that kit nd it's super good.

EyePeeA said:
Cah't go wrong with Southern Cross, Nelson Sauvin, Rakua, and Riwaka.

Galaxy is an Australian hop.

That's why it's Awesome

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OYE OYE OYE !!!!!!

I'm getting ready to make my first ag recipe. Started out thinking an IPA but now it's going to be a black IPA. My lhbs has some New Zealand hops that they are trying brewers to try. Well since I'm into experiencing a little bit. What are some of the New Zealand hops that are available? Just wondering so I can have an idea of what I might want to use. Thanks in advance.

A little late on the response but this place can give you a great guide to a lot of different hops including the NZ ones.

Back