Homebrewing Blog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just did a major design change to mine. Still on the free site and will be moving to a pay site when time permits. If someone gets a chance can you check it out and let me know how it looks. I cant see the pandora feature and a lo of other stuff from my work computer. Any sugestions are very welcome. Critique away please.
Atomic Donkey Brewing

I like the new look. The Pandora feature is interesting - I could definitely see adding something like that for the songs you're listening to while brewing.

Thanks for the feedback as always. So does the Pandora feature work? I can try it out till I get home after 5. I dont want to have some dead widget on the page.

1stTimer, Pandora widget works. I like the red but I'm not sold on the purple, background is defiantly better. I used to have a complicated one and was told by many people to change it so I went solid grey i like the sleek look so nothing takes away from the text and pictures.

Made some more changes. Cant stop messing with this thing. Still going to the pay site when time and funds allow. Take a look if you get a chance. I dig the logo Hollis. Site is looking great as well.

I've started a blog as well about 3 weeks ago.
theartofhomebrewing.tumblr.com

It's definitely fun, and as you said, may be more for myself than anyone else. I created a list of article topics that I plan on writing over the course of it's life. Hopefully this list, along with spur of the moment updates, rants, reviews, etc. will help me keep the blog active and not fall into a rut letting it die.

Every Sunday and Wednesday I try to post, and usually post on the off days as well.

A lot of you guys have pretty nice blogs too. I'll definitely be spending some time later today to read through them some more.

I like the set up Jared. It’s different. At first I was a little confused; trust me when I say that’s nothing new. But after a minute I figured it out. I just overhauled mine again last night. Can’t wait to move to the pay site. I hate all the limitations on the free sites.

Yeah I can see how it can be a bit confusing at first. I'm not a big fan of the tumblr layouts I've seen. I used a single column blog layout at first but there was too much empty space for my liking, so I switched to the layout you see now. Essentially the layout posts from L to R, newest to old.

I'm looking for some good beer-related articles, whether it's interviews with craft brewers, or new technology, or anything. If anyone knows of any, let me know. I'm looking for some filler posts, things I can talk about on the slow days when I don't have much going on.

Thanks first timer. I'm loving having a logo finally, if anybody is looking I wrote about my logo process with brew brand creative on my blog.
I like your layout jaredkent, it reminds me of reading a newspaper.
Anybody here link their twitter to their blog ? i found doing so helped me with my promotions a bit. Maybe we can post our accounts here and get everybody a few more followers. Mine is @Hollisbrewco

That's an AWESOME logo. The one thing at this point that I feel most behind on for my website and my homebrewing in general is developing that sort of feel, so that when I give someone a beer, they aren't like, WTF is this in a plain brown bottle?!? That is really cool.

That's an AWESOME logo. The one thing at this point that I feel most behind on for my website and my homebrewing in general is developing that sort of feel, so that when I give someone a beer, they aren't like, WTF is this in a plain brown bottle?!? That is really cool.

I agree Chief. I am currently aging a batch of mead, and before I had even bought the honey I had a name and label designed and ready to go.

Unfortunately for my beer it's not as easy. I'm still stuck in coming up with a good name before I move on to the next step of logo and label. Hopefully it will come one day.

brew brand creative all day for the logos guys. Josh is really great to work with and has more artistic talent than I can imagine ever having.

Yeah I sent them an email. Since I'm not going commercial anytime soon (read not in the next 3 years at least if ever) I'm not sure if the cost is going to be something I can fork over. We'll see though.

For me on names, I've been able to come up with names fairly easily for all but one of my beers (a nut brown ale that I STILL haven't figured out what to call 2 weeks post-brew), but I have no artistic talent whatsoever, so the labels are beyond me.

Naming my individual beers isn't a huge problem. I can name them after anything. Creating one "brand" name that will go on all the labels is a bit more difficult.

I've looked into Brew Band Creative, and talked to Josh a couple times. Unfortunately without a brewery name I can't start thinking of logo ideas.

The photos of the beer in your blog are outstanding, Scott.

Thanks! Having a camera like this helps quite a bit too =)

IMG_2613.JPG

I like the sleek modern look pollins, the black & white photos are a nice touch too. What commercial brewery do you work at ? I'm starting Siebel next month and will be trying to get some work so I will be looking for some posts on your thoughts on professional brewing.

I just posted a poll on my blog. If you get a second stop by and vote. I’m going to let the votes decide what my first style brewed in my newly converted keggle will be. So if you can find the time I would appreciate the participation. Gracias my friends. CHEERS!

Hardest part was finding a bit to drill the 7/8 hole I needed for the spigot. Keg was free from a friend and I have another on the way which will become my mash tun.

Thanks for voting. This is by far the most votes Ive ever had before.

I dig it xeerohour. I'm going to post it to my blog if that's cool. Otherwise I will forget your page address and never find it again. Damn short term memory of mine.

Very nice xeerohour. I'll definitely be heading back to see what your up to.

My own blog has grown quite a bit since I originally posted it. Still a very fun side project of homebrewing.

Hey Hollis, can you fix your rss feed link? It's requiring a username and password when I try to pull the feed.

Ugh... The whole RSS thing is so beyond me. I'm on my phone at work right now but I will get it working correctly tomorrow. Sorry about that, I'm a bad blogger. I may need to post here for some help.

Just did the brewery tour Hollis. Your setup is amazing. I have very little grasp on the electronic side of things but I'd love to have your setup. I'd learn fast.

thanks 1stTimer, it was about a year in the making. We (my brother and I) are really trying to replicate a pro level system (and still stay within a budget) He has all the electrical knowledge. We learn little things about the system every brew-day and were finally really getting the hang of it.

Looks like you guys are well on your way to having a professional grade setup. Without the $7,500 sabco cost. Very jealous.

Back